The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 20, 2019, 12:20:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Binders Full of Women  (Read 4158 times)
Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2012, 07:03:12 PM »

Well hey, someone's gotta bring this up. Cheesy

I watched the first 60 mins of the 2nd debate and was still disappointed
with Obama's passiveness, but I guess he did a little better.  Mittens is,
IMO, a better public speaker, much more fluid than Obama.

Anyways, Romney's gaffes will go down in history for sure. His latest
"binders full of women" sorta dwarfs his "47%" remark, mainly cuz he
said this in front of millions on TV rather than behind closed doors, and
just when he needs those undecided women voters.

Romney had been reminded that women earn about 72 percent what their male counterparts do—
and his response was to say, “Exactly! That’s why, given half a chance, I hire women!” Bottom
line, Romney recruits women because they look good and they come cheap.

Seriously, I don't understand how he's doing so well in the polls.

Here's more from that article:

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-and-the-%E2%80%9Cbinder%E2%80%9D-blunder-45646812684.html

This woman puts Romney's view of women in a very politically damaging perspective.

I wonder if other media is following?

Bompa

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 10:05:39 PM »

Actually I disagree and think the public here sides with me - Obama looked like a much more relaxed, stately and in-command person where Mittens looked like a petulant boss that is used to getting his way. Hardly a statesman. I think Obama held himself to an agressive, but not overly-so presidential figure, as he should have.

I think he kicked the crap out of Mitt, who certainly deserved it. And when Candy Crowley fact-checked him in front of millions of people I howled with delight.

I also think that the audible gasp when Mitt said "I'm not done you'll get your turn" to Obama, a fantastic disregard for the office of President, came out it showed just how much (or how very little) he thinks of anyone except himself and his power.

I find him repugnant, a liar and generally horrible.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 05:19:46 AM »

I find him repugnant, a liar and generally horrible.

Gees, pretty strong words perk, I mean all he did (lately) is try to rig the election
by threatening workers that they will lose their jobs if Obama is elected.

"I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections,"

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-told-bosses-tell-employees-whom-vote-005424348.html

So, he is using his weight to "push" the bosses to threaten their employess.

Imagine what he might do in the white house?

Another Nixon?

God help us.

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 06:58:53 AM »

Exactly. If low-information voters actually turn this election they will reap the most miserable result.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 07:05:02 PM »

Truly amazing that the latest Gallup poll is giving Romney the edge.

I just don't get how people could support him.

The REAL bad news is that since 1936 Gallup has successfully predicted the
winner of the popular vote in all but three cases: 1948, 1976, 2000.

Unless I missed something there.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/9442/election-polls-accuracy-record-presidential-elections.aspx

Oh well, if he wins, it'll be interesting to say the least.

Btw, do you know what happens in the case of an electoral tie?

The house chooses the president and the senate chooses the vice president.

Yah, the house is republican, but will they actually pick Romney?  LOL

Holy shit, what a mess that would be!!!

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 10:07:45 PM »

Gallup is way off base. Consider watching Nate Silver, he's very strong with his models and has done an excellent job of real analysis, not just polling:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/author/nate-silver/

Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 12:31:13 AM »

Bain Capital

FREEPORT, Ill. (AP) — The Rev. Jesse Jackson has been arrested in a group of protesting
northern Illinois workers during an act of civil disobedience in Freeport.

Michael Peery, a spokesman for Jackson's Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, tells The Associated
Press that Jackson was taken into custody Wednesday with about a dozen workers. He is
expected to be released later in the day.

Freeport police didn't immediately have comment.

Sensata (sen-SAH'-tuh) Technologies is owned by Bain Capital and in the process of
moving its Freeport manufacturing operations to China. That'll cost Freeport 170 jobs.

With shit like that happening and him claiming that he is Mr Job Creation, he is still in the running?  Amazing!

Also, when he became Gov, Ma was 36th of 50 in job creation.
At the end of his term, Ma was 47th in job creation.

How does he get away with that?

And he's still got a chance?

I don't get it.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:33:29 AM by Bompa » Logged

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 11:02:52 PM »

The new catch phrase is "Low Information Voters." The problem is not ignorance, its the illusion of intellect. The people that they are appealing to have very little clue and don't even realize that they are completey voting against their own self interest.

It's frustrating, but it's also marketing. It's a stupid populace that allows itself to be run by the loudest liar.

I dunno man. I just dunno.

Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 11:35:41 PM »

I am going out on a limb here and now. I think that many Republicans
and conservatives on the whole are mouthing support for Romney,
but when they get inside the voting booth, they just won't let themselves
vote for such a wacko.

Obama wins by a landslide taking many R. states!

Cheesy

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »

Love how you think, mate. I'd love to think the same, but unfortunately am surrounded by the very people you mention and I swear they are every bit as stuck and silly as one might imagine.

Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 07:36:32 PM »

I am going out on a limb here and now. I think that many Republicans
and conservatives on the whole are mouthing support for Romney,
but when they get inside the voting booth, they just won't let themselves
vote for such a wacko.

Obama wins by a landslide taking many R. states!

Cheesy

Obama  332
Romney 206

Well, I am not sure if that's a "landslide", but certainly it was NOT close, right?

I still think the pollsters were wrong cuz ppl were not being truthful.
So many conservatives did not want to admit that they just could not
vote for their own candidate: Mr. Flip-flop.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 07:40:26 PM by Bompa » Logged

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 07:49:19 PM »

Everyone (really, the vast majority of news and the campaigns themselves) were really surprised by how fast the election was called. It was not a landslide, but about as close to a blowout as it gets - at least electorally. Popular vote was close enough in places to be scary.

Even though Dems did not reclaim control of the house, it will be difficult for Boner to say they have a mandate to stifle the president's agenda - we increased our position in the Senate and soundly whupped them for the presidency.

I thought this summed it up nicely.

Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 05:58:56 PM »

... It was not a landslide, but about as close to a blowout as it gets - at least electorally...

Yah..

THIS is a landslide:
Franklin D. Roosevelt's 523 electoral votes to Alf Landon's 8 electoral votes in 1936. (97% margin)

THIS is a landslide:
Ronald Reagan's 525 electoral votes to Walter Mondale's 13 electoral votes in 1984. (95.2% margin)

THIS is a landslide:
Richard Nixon's 520 electoral votes to George McGovern's 17 electoral votes and John Hospers's 1 in 1972. (93.3% margin)

ouch

konglong
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 02:40:35 AM »

I think he kicked the crap out of Mitt, who certainly deserved it. And when Candy Crowley fact-checked him in front of millions of people I howled with delight.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:39:50 AM by Bompa » Logged
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 10:06:27 AM »

Thanks Bomps.

And I speculate, Konglong, that we'd find posts of any number of opinions all around the web attached to your IP Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript