The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2019, 12:36:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ass Facebook  (Read 2440 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2010, 12:30:42 PM »

I was reading this article and remembered that I forgot to kill my Ass Facebook account.  Well, you can't kill it of course but you can deactivate it.  I started thinking about how wonderfully flexible they've become in terms of our privacy.  Then I had a shiver-like feeling considering eternity blended with their constantly improving approach to privacy.  It's like in Idiocracy where over the years it changes from Fuddruckers to Butt Fuckers. 

I never stored anything horribly incriminating but this misses the point here.  The very fact that you choose who your friends are so that you can choose what they get to see as opposed to what others get to see becomes a hypocritical lie cloaked in the harmless settings argument  Don't make me...   I'm perfectly capable of changing settings and I do it right the first time.  Making us change them again holds our privacy hostage if or when we log back in to explicitly say what we said in the first place: "get your hands off my junk."

I guess that's the nasty terrible part about it for me.  Sure, privacy is becoming more of a luxury than an expected aspect of things - especially social networking.  But changing the game on us especially after 450 million users now need Facebook like a zombie needs crack?  Priceless.

Warm regards,
The Management

Mobster

* Ass Facebook.jpg (120.57 KB, 786x578 - viewed 239 times.)

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
rcjordan
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 12:43:56 PM »

Zuck has apparently issued yet another "Oops, sorry about your privacy, we'll get it right THIS time" (press release disguised as a) correspondence.  I'm thinking he has a big stack of these ready-to-go in his drafts.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/24/technology/facebook_ceo_wapo/
PhaŽton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 12:56:33 PM »

i hear ya on the chills.... 'you will be able to use your account like you used to'

oh yes, you will be back.. muhahahahaha well keep all your shit like it was
for when you do...

face ass fist

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
PhaŽton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 01:00:23 PM »

what peeves me is i had avoided my image being online anywhere
at all until my SISTERS uploaded pictuers of me and made them
my profile pic pictures of me from kid to cenile old troll fart..

so now im in that facebook image project forever...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=3&ved=0CCEQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FCoke_Zero_Facial_Profiler&rct=j&q=coke+zero+facebook+facial+profiler+application&ei=nNr6S-HOGMWBlAeo3Li6DA&usg=AFQjCNFfxARsvwSXrTcnfabe7zqgAK60Iw

may as well have been fingerprinted and retina scanned by skynet

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
rcjordan
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 01:07:56 PM »

>sisters

The deeper problem with social and privacy is that others beyond your control unite to form your composite identity.  Individually, their contributon is just a pixel or two --but in the end you can have a pretty high-res image.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 06:17:13 PM »

That's exactly the reason I participate in the decemination of my personal info. I can infuse fud, as well as correct or embrace fud. Ignoring it, or trying to not participate is something you don't actually get to control, regardless of how much you try.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 12:03:42 PM »

Hmmm, interesting angle. If you can't beat 'em ...

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
PhaŽton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 09:39:17 AM »

face ass fist

* socialmediavs2.gif (37.44 KB, 600x600 - viewed 209 times.)

isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 10:38:25 AM »

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO  Nice one!!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 12:16:31 PM »

THATS HOT  ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 02:48:33 PM »

fuking hilarious
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript