The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 22, 2019, 05:29:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon obtains "social network" patent. Facebook trembles...  (Read 1671 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2010, 10:48:07 AM »

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/061710-amazon-social-network-patent.html?source=NWWNLE_nlt_daily_am_2010-06-18

Though I haven't been keen on Facebook's behavior lately, I'd still side with them on this issue - if Amazon attempted to do anything with it that is.  But what a crock in any case, just spending the time and money to obtain such a thing.  Damn IP laws to hell I said!

Devilish

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
jeanlerye
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 08:25:04 PM »

If Amazon was able to get a patent for social networking, then good for them. But this won't stop any other social networking sites that were already making waves online. Do you think with this acquisition of Amazon could stop facebook users and even twitter followers to just stop what they are doing? No one can have a solo ownership of social networking. Any one can just invent, create and put up a site that has something to do with social networking.

email marketing software
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 10:13:25 AM by jeanlerye » Logged
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 10:32:37 PM »

Well you can't really blame Amazon for getting the patent - the fault lies in the system that allows companies to get such a patents.

If you saw a magical object abandoned on the street that produces money for you, would you grab it? Of course you would, why wouldn't you?

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 10:49:26 PM »

Well you can't really blame Amazon for getting the patent - the fault lies in the system that allows companies to get such a patents.

Ditto 

And count your lucky stars that my previous thoughts weren't protected by any "innovation inducing" patents.  Otherwise I'd sue you for stealing them, since according to my unchallengeable assertions, I'd already "invented" your concept  Roll Eyes

Christ what a crock  Vomit

Those who realize the emptiness of this travesty last will be stuck hording their remaining sham dollars as the rest of the world reshuffles the deck and awards the pot to real value - not some fo-"owner"

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript