The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 06:20:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ah, the joys of parenthood.  (Read 2938 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2009, 06:41:44 PM »

So, I've been looking at the last (about) 2000 CDs that I have to import into iTunes. FFS. /yawn/

Idea...

"Hey son - you want to make some cash? I'll pay you 25c per CD to import these while you're not doing anything. Whachu think?"

The library grows by the minute. Got him importing to a dedicated iTunes library on a 1T RAID 1 on my main box. He rips, they show up on my box, I import to iTunes, life is good. Only about 100 more DVDs to go (I do those myself with Handbrake) - then when I have all my CDs & DVDs done, we'll start paying the kids the same kind of rate to scan all of our photos from all of our books.

Heh. When the singularity comes, I'll be STYLIN. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 07:06:20 PM by perkiset » Logged

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 07:20:18 PM »

lol

i cant wait until i can put the little whiner to work...

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 08:36:24 PM »

Smiley Might as well get something for all the patience & blood pressure we spend on them eh?

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 08:52:25 PM »

.....we'll start paying the kids the same kind of rate to scan all of our photos from all of our books.

Nice.  After cleaning out over 10,000 square feet of little knick
knacks my dead relatives never dealt with i resolved to do this
very thing and i scanned all my love notes, "important" memories
or sentimental/nostalgic items i had been hoarding i either
took photos of or scanned...

... emailed them all to myself and tossed it all in the trash pile...

I think it was the completely rotten lucky rabbits foot in the bottom
of a box of first place bb gun shooting ribbons from 2nd grade that
 made me make the leap..... havent looked back.... LOL

The watched pot, never boils... But if you walk away from it , the soup burns.  What gives?
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 06:20:09 AM »

I find it takes less time to just download an artist's entire discography than to rip all of his CDs (that I already own, for realz)

hai
NYDAz
Expert

The Night Stalker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 12:28:42 PM »

I find it takes less time to just download an artist's entire discography than to rip all of his CDs (that I already own, for realz)
Ditto

By the way perk ! 2000 CDs  Shocked ... why do you want so much music ?

what's up?
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 12:50:57 PM »

By the way perk ! 2000 CDs  Shocked ... why do you want so much music ?

LOL that's just what's left man. Some people do crochet, some cocaine. I do music and movies. I still have about 300 Laser discs here I need to scrape (things that I cannot find ever pressed onto DVD).

I'm kind of on a content-only jag, eliminating media from my life every where I can, much the way I eliminated drivers and OS bindings in about 2000, making the browser my only application portal. I often just jump utterly into a new direction, dealing with the ups and downs of it until it works the way I want it to. At the end of the day (or several years LOL) I usually have experience and a situation that is enviable.

NYDAz
Expert

The Night Stalker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 01:14:14 PM »

LOL that's just what's left man. Some people do crochet, some cocaine. I do music and movies. I still have about 300 Laser discs here I need to scrape (things that I cannot find ever pressed onto DVD).
Applause well done perk !

Me too I don't see my self without music  Violin ! But I'm too lazy to select the music that I want to listen so I leave that for the radio ! If I want oldies ... I'll search for oldies radio ... and so on !

But my neighbours don't let me to listen to my music loud ! If it's a little bit loud .... they call the police ! Fuck them dumbasses ! Just 2-3 months and then I'll move in other part of the city !  Smiley

what's up?
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 01:19:53 PM »

I spent about $800 on professional in-ear monitors, which I use for both performing and for enjoying music. They shut out about 95% of the outside noise and are so clean and clear, that I don't either need or want them to be too loud. They're awesome. Now I don't even worry about waking up the very lovely PinkHat beside me when we're sleeping... Wink

vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 01:58:59 PM »

Werd to the reference headsets.

Though all my speakers are reference too  Grin

hai
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 03:33:52 PM »

Love my reference speakers, they also rock - but the miscellaneous noise of the world intrudes, and I find I need to go louder to drown interference. With the in-ears, the starting environment is really clean and so I can have the music lower and more delicate. Particularly strong for classical and jazz.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript