The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 12:13:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: A Cure For Cancer?  (Read 22112 times)
Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2011, 07:06:07 PM »

It looks like the long awaited cure for cancer is here.

It has worked on three paitents so far.

They've only done it in three patients so far, but the results were striking:
Two appear cancer-free up to a year after treatment, and the third patient
is improved but still has some cancer.

Kinda strange how the cure actualizes...

The researchers described the experience of one 64-year-old patient in detail.
There was no change for two weeks, but then he became ill with chills, nausea
and fever. He and the other two patients were hit with a condition that occurs
when a large number of cancer cells die at the same time a sign that the
gene therapy is working.

"It was like the worse flu of their life," June said. "But after that, it's over. They're well."

http://news.yahoo.com/amazing-therapy-wipes-leukemia-study-205354211.html

Seriously amazing!

Bompa

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 08:20:32 PM »

Great news. However the problem still is that it doesn't take care of cancer's primary reason which is lack of oxygen in the cells caused by fermentation of sugar. So unless this therapy somehow does permanent modifications to the body, it will only buy you some time. Ignoring the root cause has always been the reason why so many cancer patients get sick again after "successful" therapy of any sort. But look at the bright side; here you are witnessing the next big subscription based business model for big pharma. Soon you'll be paying monthly recurring fees to receive your monthly therapy to get rid of cancer. Before this there's been this annoyance for big pharma that patients die quite often despite therapies which drops retention rate a lot. Now with this those worries might be history. Alternative for these fees would be to quit stuffing carbohydrates/sugar into your face all day long but we all know that's not going to happen.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 10:28:12 PM »

WOW that is something. One hopes, BIG TIME that this is f'reals and not either a tainted study or medical hoax. I've read some similar things about using a patient's own cells against the cancer, hadn't read that study.

Nice one Bomps, thanks for it.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 10:32:00 PM »

@ kurdt and root cause: interestingly, there are often cancers that seem to simply materialize out of nowhere, with no prior conditions, indicators or overt causes. Sometimes it appears to simply be a mutation run amok. This is often why, as was with my wife, that mastectomy with clean margins seemed to "cure" her cancer. In fact it just took enough out that the possibility of it having metastasized into other tissue was low enough that we are just grateful every day.

If there's a way to turn the body against invaders like that, MAN would it be great and makes a bunch of sense. I really do hope that it's what they say.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 11:35:03 PM »

@ kurdt and root cause: interestingly, there are often cancers that seem to simply materialize out of nowhere, with no prior conditions, indicators or overt causes. Sometimes it appears to simply be a mutation run amok.
Sorry but no. "Cancer, above all other diseases, has countless secondary causes. But, even for cancer, there is only one prime cause. Summarized in a few words, the prime cause of cancer is the replacement of the respiration of oxygen in normal body cells by a fermentation of sugar." -- Dr. Otto H. Warburg in Lecture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Heinrich_Warburg#Cancer_hypothesis). Otto Warburg won TWO Nobel prizes in his career and first one was for cancer research. Now it makes you wonder why Mr. Warburg or his theory hasn't been mentioned even once in Wikipedia's cancer page Roll Eyes When you think about cancer and depression you have to understand that these are almost the only two lifelines for big pharma. First time in a long time med industry's profits took a beating few years back. Now you have subsidiesed health care to bring in more business and all the alternative treatments are ridiculed without any evidences like ozone therapies for example. If they would let ozone therapy for cancer and natural depression treatments be fairly tested on the market.. it would undermine all their hard work to brainwash medical professionals to act as pill vending machines and sell pills that cause more harm than good.

This is often why, as was with my wife, that mastectomy with clean margins seemed to "cure" her cancer. In fact it just took enough out that the possibility of it having metastasized into other tissue was low enough that we are just grateful every day.
If you get so unlucky that it decides to come back, keep your mind open for ozone therapy. I haven't had any personal experience with cancer but there's overwhelming amounts of evidence discovered all around the world about ozone's effect on oxygen deprived cancer cells if you just bother to filter all biased big pharma propaganda. Unfortunately it seems that even in medicine & health care it's still "customer's" responsibility to filter through different options. Believing your own doctor is like going to nearest computer store and ask the sales person what computer I'm going to buy.

If there's a way to turn the body against invaders like that, MAN would it be great and makes a bunch of sense. I really do hope that it's what they say.
This would be awesome quick fix for everybody who got cancer so I do also hope they are able to deliver.

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 12:05:20 AM »

I'm not one to disparage any form of treatment, as some pretty wild things do produce results. But Otto's hypothesis is quite old, and there are a lot of other things happening here. It's also a bit simplistic, and seemingly up for debate as to whether he observed a byproduct of cancerous cell respiration or cause of the disease itself. It seems that the former has a more traction.

But I'm no expert. I just simply hope that they really do have something here.

daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 03:47:56 PM »

Great article.  My mom actually has CLL (the form of leukemia the subjects in the trial have or had) so it's of particular interest to me.  I will follow it as the research goes forward.

kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 08:51:10 PM »

I'm not one to disparage any form of treatment, as some pretty wild things do produce results. But Otto's hypothesis is quite old, and there are a lot of other things happening here. It's also a bit simplistic, and seemingly up for debate as to whether he observed a byproduct of cancerous cell respiration or cause of the disease itself. It seems that the former has a more traction.
I think there's some telltale signs that Otto might be right. If you look at sugar/carbohydrate consumption in average diet and then switch to cancer rate in societies, there's a quite clear correlation. My prediction is that sugar will be our generations tobacco. I always chuckle when I hear somebody wondering how the hell people didn't realize right away that it might not be healthy to inhale smoke and at the same time take a bite of cake or drink some soda. Of course you are right that some cancers just seem to pop out of nowhere to people who "don't deserve it". Again, when you think about it, it's a kinda telltale sign that something is profoundly wrong in our dietary habits when our bodies are so eager to develop cancer, disease that really wasn't that common "in the old days". Personally I blame E additives and various carbohydrates that cause cancer when consumption is excessive like nowadays. It's alarming that nobody has actually studied how E additives interact which each other. There's some limited studies and we have some information about specific E additives but nobody actually knows how they will interact which each other in the long run.

[offtopic personal note]
Last xmas I decided to cut out all unnecessary shit from my diet. It was pretty simple decision when you realize that eating is mainly habitual and there's no reason what so ever to eat that unnecessary crap if you don't want to. Now about 8 months later I have more energy than ever, I seem to need only 6 hours of sleep and I don't get tired in the afternoon anymore. And all I did was to switch from eating mainly carbohydrates to eating mainly protein. It's really not easy at first because at least in Finland, carbofoods are still the nr. 1 food offered everywhere and you are used to eating those. But if you just stick to your principles that you refuse to eat that crap, I haven't had any problems of finding proper food. Now I seem to automatically choose proper foods from the menu and I really don't have to think about it anymore. And there's a plus side that when you eat protein it's really, really hard to eat too much that you start getting fat. The reason is dead simple: it's really easy for the body to convert carbohydrates to energy and if you don't spend all that energy, your body will start to accumulate protective fat for the rainy days. Too bad that in modern society we just don't have any rainy days like they used to when our body evolved the way it is now.
[/offtopic personal note]

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 09:17:50 PM »

Here I am totally willing to go holistic with you.

I firmly believe that much of the dis-ease that plagues the human race now is created by our eating habits, foods, stress, chemicals in our water, we're continually bathed in all kinds radiation, we breathe horrible chemicals and call it a "new car smell," siphon gas and sip Benzene, stress, and stress. Did I mention stress? On top of that, we've probably always had many of the cancers we see in a big way today, but we're now living long enough to really see it.

If you can do without processed sugars you are way ahead. Totally minimize carbs, you're way ahead. Eat organic fruits and vegetables, you're way ahead. Reduce your blood pressure and cholesterol without eating drugs that help today but may hurt tomorrow, you're way ahead. Focus on enough sleep, clean air and water, apples, prunes and broccoli you're way ahead.

I think we all pretty much know what we need to do, it's the doing it that's so damn rough. PinkHat is pretty convinced that it was our lifestyle and stress from our big travel call center that brought about her cancer. She could be completely wrong. But it doesn't feel like it.

In any case, good on you Kurdt for taking that kind of initiative and sticking with it. The money's in the details and the followthrough. Looks like you've got that part pretty handled. Smiley

kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 10:35:36 PM »

If you can do without processed sugars you are way ahead. Totally minimize carbs, you're way ahead. Eat organic fruits and vegetables, you're way ahead. Reduce your blood pressure and cholesterol without eating drugs that help today but may hurt tomorrow, you're way ahead. Focus on enough sleep, clean air and water, apples, prunes and broccoli you're way ahead.
Actually you might not want to eat fruits or anything with fructose all that much Wink That's also something that modern society deems as "healthy" even when there's actually no reason what so ever to eat fruit. Of course you need vitamins and few fruits here and there are not going to kill you BUT when you think about it, humans in certain geoareas like here in Finland didn't have access to California oranges. We only ate berries in the summer time and here we are many years later. Way too much of "the common health knowledge" is wrong and frankly, harmful. There's also studies that fructose is actually a poison for humans but like in so many things, it's the dosage that makes the poison. So use your brain, do your OWN thinking and you'll be just fine.

I think we all pretty much know what we need to do, it's the doing it that's so damn rough.
That's just excuses. I'm sorry but I don't feel sorry for people who catch diseases who knew all along what they were suppose to be doing. Of course many times people only find out about these things when it's too late but if you knew before and didn't do anything because it was just more comfortable to live the way you lived, well, I hope it was worth it because now you are paying for that with your life.

PinkHat is pretty convinced that it was our lifestyle and stress from our big travel call center that brought about her cancer. She could be completely wrong. But it doesn't feel like it.
And she is probably 100% right. Cortisol is a really bad for human body when body doesn't have time to recover. Also cortisol has this fucked up effect that once you "overdose" with stress, your body will never recover to its original state. So when the time goes on and you keep yourself stressed for whatever pathetic reason, the less your body can take it and in the end you'll literally poison yourself to death. But based on your "was your lifestyle", it's a good thing you did the necessary changes.

In any case, good on you Kurdt for taking that kind of initiative and sticking with it. The money's in the details and the followthrough.
Followthru is easy when there isn't another alternative. I just find it bafflingly stupid to willingly digest chemicals and other "foods" that does harm to you. And I really hate feeling stupid. It just doesn't make any sense to me live in a different way with the knowledge I have now about our bodies and what's happening inside. To put it out there and maybe even insult somebody into action: If you continue eating the food you know will hurt you, maybe it's just better for the human race if your body then expires you a bit sooner from wasting space and other precious resources. It's just as easy as deciding not to do something, really it is. People decide not to do so many things daily that not eating or buying some crap should be dead simple for everybody. If you can't control your impulses to "treat yourself" with that lovely sugary snack or soda, then you probably are not strong enough to accomplish anything else meaningful in your lifetime - so again, maybe it's just better if you expire a bit earlier.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 10:38:50 PM by kurdt » Logged

Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 10:46:01 PM »

If you can't control your impulses to "treat yourself" with that
lovely sugary snack or soda, then you probably are not strong enough
to accomplish anything else meaningful in your lifetime

Well, that statement takes the cakeWink

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 11:02:59 PM »

ROFLMAO

Smiley

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO
You're a trip, Kurdt.

('Morning, Bomps. Would you like some coffee, crumb cake and fruit? We've got plenty... ROFLMAO )
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 11:04:43 PM by perkiset » Logged

kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 07:34:24 AM »

If you can't control your impulses to "treat yourself" with that
lovely sugary snack or soda, then you probably are not strong enough
to accomplish anything else meaningful in your lifetime
Well, that statement takes the cakeWink
Well it's the truth. If you are so lazy that you actually can't manage NOT to do something, then you probably won't do much anyway Or if you can't control your body that much that you prevent it from grabbing everything that you can put in your mouth, you won't have enough control to accomplish anything long-term. But hey, good news is that our current society is built for people just like you. Just go to work if you happen to get one, take a lots of debt so you can "own" things, go to job just to pay your debt for the next 30 years and finally the most important thing, pay them taxes in every way possible. Oh and buy a lot of drugs and various beauty & trends related products, you won't be surviving without them. In the end, don't leave anything meaningful to your children (except money that can be taxed) so they can repeat the cycle. Good luck on your journey even if you don't have any use to it because you are now part of the mainstream society.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:44:10 AM by kurdt » Logged

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 08:20:51 AM »

You obviously have no children, no empathy or understanding of anyone else' situation.

That's no "the truth" it's your prejudice. And a cancerous attitude, frankly. Your opinion screams of too much protein and not enough fiber Wink

You want to be careful with all that My Life's Perfect and if you don't see it my way you should just go ahead and die stuff, Kurdt. Karma is a bitch on the backswing.

Earl Grey
Rookie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 04:13:19 PM »

no empathy or understanding of anyone else' situation.

and your point is?

eWFsbCBhIGJ1bmNoIG9mIG5lcmR5IGZhZ3MgaW4gaGVyZS4gc2VlIHdoYXQgaSB tZWFuPyB5b3Ug
ZXZlbiB1bmRlcnN0YW5kIHRoaXM=
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript