The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 19, 2019, 01:51:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 2yo smoking baby 40/day habit  (Read 5072 times)
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2010, 10:09:55 AM »

WTFLOLWUT?

http://4sp.in/37Q

D'oh!

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 10:28:14 AM »

I don't even know what to say about that.  Disgusting. 
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 11:09:24 AM »

Shocked

I guess either people don't know - or people don't care.  Either way it's pretty sad.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 12:24:29 PM »

The question I kept having as I read the article, is how does a baby START smoking?  I think that would require cooperation and maybe even encouragement from the parents.  I can understand why the toddler may KEEP smoking – he's addicted, and the parents aren't willing to deal with all of the withdrawal drama.  But what parent in their right mind would allow a child, a baby even, to start in the first place?

If this were the U.S., the parents would be deemed unfit and the child taken away, or at least I hope so. 
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 12:41:16 PM »

starting is easy!

lol

actually i know exactly what happened, because i see it wail failparents every day. They are giant pussies when it comes to their kid.
The kid said "dadda, i try?" pointing at cigarette. Daddy said no, kid started freaking out, daddy caved and said ok, here, now stfu.
kid, did it again the next time daddy started smoking, he thinks "well last time it shut him up, just one more".
and so on until it became normal.

Kids here do it in the grocery store or toy store.
"want chocolate!!!! waaaaaaa!" parent caves because they are embarassed or stupid or wussy.

Me?
Ashley: "me want chocoloate!!!! waaaaaa"
Me: "stop right now or we are leaving, and you lose all your toy trains for the day." (or recently ipad)
Ashley: "sniffle..."

She keeps it up, she loses her toy if not more, I leave and ask them to hold the food in the cold room until i get back, and she lives a life without toys for a day.

lets just say the tantrums dont last long around this joint anymore.

These parents never got the "your the adult, be the adult" conversation.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 04:48:12 PM »

>She keeps it up, she loses her iPad toy

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 05:05:03 PM »

...his fishmonger father Mohammed, 30, said: 'He looks pretty healthy to me. I don't see the problem.'

LOL

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 10:29:31 PM »

good parenting, nb's...

when i was a kid if i threw a tantrum in the store i got my ass beat
on the spot and all the way home and later just for fun. 

I didnt throw tantrums in a store. ever.

Cheesy

cant beat your kids anymore though, but it works...
i say spank the shit out of them if they dont listen
to you get mom to spank while you go find something
to facilitate your spanking , like a board with holes in it
or something .... seriously we behaved... they even
spanked us in school for pulling any thing remotely involving
a shitty attitude.

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 12:52:41 AM »

We could have a whole discussion about bad parenting... but yeah, the big problem today seems to be that many parents want to be friends with their kid(s), first and foremost.  That's a mistake.  You are not their friend, you are their parent.  You will frequently have to make unpopular decisions and enforce standards of behavior the kid may not want to conform to.  Ultimately, your kid(s) will undoubtedly thank you and be grateful, but it may take a while for them to get to that point!

Some of the most screwed-up people are those whose parents thought their role was to be a buddy.
deregular
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 02:00:24 AM »

Thats some messed up shit right there.

We could have a whole discussion about bad parenting... but yeah, the big problem today seems to be that many parents want to be friends with their kid(s), first and foremost.  That's a mistake. 

Totally agreed. If you're kid doesn't hate you at some point, then you are not being a good parent.
Corporal punishment simply worked.

I really don't know how society has gotten to the point where parents are charged for just smacking their kid on the backside in a supermarket if he is being uncontrollable.

You need a license to carry a gun,
you need a license to drive a car.
Some people should need licenses to become parents.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 02:21:38 AM »

u guys over analyse things
it is fuking indonesia
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 08:23:44 AM »

ROFLMAO 

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 01:02:05 PM »

Ditto  ROFLMAO

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 02:19:01 PM »

Ok that kinda came out bad Smiley. From what i have heard indonesia is very similar to PH.
PH is a land of extreme contrasts.
I know guys in PH who are fishermen, I am hanging out with them. Then I find out one of thier brothers is educated in oxford, has spend tons of time abroad etc.

Any attitude towards smoking and drinking is probably like USA, 1900 Smiley.
Attitude towards drinking and driving is probably like USA, 1920.
It is not uncommon here for a 7 year old to be able to drink 1/2 a bottle of gin. The parents boast about it since it means thier kid is really macho Smiley.

Playing with guns while drunk, and shooting gin bottles off each others head while drunk is good fun.
I of course explained to my friends that in canada it is very bad manners to play with guns while drunk, and driving your car/motorcycle around while drunk is poor manner also. So as a result when my friends from the less educated parts of society invite me over to parties, they hide all of their guns and pretend they are not going to drive afterwards since they do not want to offend me. One time I went to a party, and a guy's gun fell out. I pretended not to see. Anyway someone pulled him aside and explained that in Canada it is very poor manner to have guns at drinking parties. And that since I am their guest they do want to offend me. I heard the guy who dropped his gun saying something like, "what peculiar habits and customs they have in canada" Smiley

For the most part they think I am a pretty cool guy, except for my silly ideas about guns and drinking and driving Smiley

Probably that is why 99% of foreign programs fail. In PH a mayor controls all territory till the next city/town. In some areas the mayor are concerned about over fishing etc. Anyway in one city the mayor decided to ban all fishing except for tourists. A very good idea, tourism provides low skill jobs which will help the people. After 5 years of this fishing ban, there are lots of fish and marine wild life etc. And tourism has increases leaps and bounds. The economy has improved and more filipinos have jobs. The former fishermen can now take people out on thier boats, make a lot more money then they did catching fish etc.

Anyway initially he had tremendous amount of opposition when he imposed the fishing ban. He then issued an informal proclamation, anyone who catches fish will die. Usually he will tell someone like his bodyguards or drivers who informally spread the word. Of course there are always a few who will not take him serious. 5 people found shot in the head soon fixed this idea. Now 5 years later every saids how great the mayor is, how he has improved the economy so much etc.

Fuking americanos go into places like iran,iraq and afganistan etc. The have good intentions, but they fuk things up. For starters they get rid of the guy in charge. Then the place falls into civil war etc. They then try and explain things to people who have literally no idea what they are talking about. It is far more effective to just talk to the guy in charge. Most of the time they are very intelligent. This is the method Britain used in India. As a result india is now the worlds largest democracy.

Quite often the man in charge will be very frank, I agree with you 100% but right now I can not do such changes since the people will not accept them yet.

What has changed attitudes in other parts of the world the most is TV and internet. Even in PH the attitude towards women is like USA 1930. There are man jobs and woman jobs Smiley. Maria sees on TV some americano movie where a woman is a construction worker. Maria then talks to Cindy from USA in a chat room, she finds out Cindy is a welder. She then thinks why can't i be a welder, a truck driver etc.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 11:30:23 PM »

Nop nails it. If find that if you want to have a real insight on how smart someone is, ask him about other cultures. Anyone who believes they can understand other cultures are not really very bright. A smart man understand that culture is behavioral patterns which result opinions. Not opinions resulting behavioral patterns like most people rationalize. When you understand that behavioral patterns are the base on any culture, you realize it's impossible for anyone to know any other culture than the one they were raised in. You can learn the ways just like you can learn to use a complicated user interface but you'll never be able to think like the person who was raised in that culture. The best way to describe is to think it like a filter. Everytime you get information from outside, you run it thru your filter that tries to interprer why. However because your filter is tied to your own culture, you rationalize using learned patterns and fill in the gaps by intuition received from your own cultural behavioral patterns. So what happens is that you just don't get it. Someone might explain it to you why it's like that but you just don't get it. In worst case scenario you think it's wrong and declare a war to "free the poor people". Well nowadays it's usually just about the resources and cultural stuff is just the public reason. It's easy to manipulate general public by showing images and videos from another culture. You just only need to know your own culture to know what will push the right buttons.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript