The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 20, 2019, 11:06:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 200Mbps connections coming available in Finland  (Read 1082 times)
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2009, 08:32:30 AM »

At least something good happening around here. I was just informed that because I'm existing 110Mbps connection customer I'm qualified to apply to 200Mbps connection beta tester group. I may or may not get into testing group but 200Mbps connections will be available here soon. I predict that monthly fee will be around 50-60 euros.

Currently 110Mbps is done with EuroDocsis 3.0 standard and according its specs, it goes only up to 160Mbps. So this must be something new Smiley

So it's interesting if these kinds of speeds will create two different webs at some point. One for really high speed and one for "developing countries" like US.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 09:21:38 AM »

that's cool beans K - cripes that'd be an expensive service around here.

Now I pay for business class, which is way more expensive than normal retail, but it's about USD$229/month for 25 down and 3 up FFS.

That rocks.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript