The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 17, 2019, 05:52:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Netsuite File Cabinet No FTP?  (Read 3509 times)
webinfoguy25
Journeyman

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2012, 08:59:28 AM »

I work for a company that is in the process of moving their ecommerce shopping cart to Netsuite.  I was told by the support at Netsuite they don't allow FTP access.  So if we want to upload files to implement on our site we are forced to use things like:

You can upload your HTML, CSS and XML in your File Cabinet.

Don't make me... PhP, MySql and FTP url is not yet supported in NetSuite.

The checkout process can be hosted on a subdomain and we can create multiple websites to use the same backend of inventory files, etc.  Like right now they use Volusion for there front end ecommerce site.  Volusion lets you use ftp but doesn't give you root access which is one of the many reasons I started hating Volusion for.

I need a workaround or someway to be able to use ftp or work outside of there file cabinet control grid. Anyone know of a way?

Thanks,
webinfoguy25
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 09:03:43 AM »

I work for a company that is in the process of moving their ecommerce shopping cart to Netsuite.  I was told by the support at Netsuite they don't allow FTP access.  So if we want to upload files to implement on our site we are forced to use things like:

You can upload your HTML, CSS and XML in your File Cabinet.

Oh and I forgot to mention the Volusion site has been coded on the backend to funnel the payment processing/order management/inventory management to Netsuite.  So Netsuite is doing all this and Volusion slaps on the face of the website and thats it; there has to be a way to use FTP. 

In fact I used to work for a company that had several sites using netsuite and we used ftp.

Don't make me... PhP, MySql and FTP url is not yet supported in NetSuite.

The checkout process can be hosted on a subdomain and we can create multiple websites to use the same backend of inventory files, etc.  Like right now they use Volusion for there front end ecommerce site.  Volusion lets you use ftp but doesn't give you root access which is one of the many reasons I started hating Volusion for.

I need a workaround or someway to be able to use ftp or work outside of there file cabinet control grid. Anyone know of a way?

Thanks,
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 09:42:08 AM »

Sorry mate I've got nothing.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript