The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 20, 2019, 11:23:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hidden stuff  (Read 2133 times)
dee
Journeyman

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2012, 04:16:56 PM »

Been looking at various bits and bobs here and on partner sites and man you big boys know how to grind some gears.  Something that I read  really interested me with regards to keyword optimisation. Would anyone mind expanding on the idea of using display:none vs negative positioning / negative margin vs zindex and @import-ing another stylesheet. If i'm in the wrong place cool...i'll fish off.

Why are these two still partying in march by the way , and what kinda party is that ?? they are always at it Grin

Edt: maybe should have put this in the noob zone.Soz.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 04:20:12 PM by dee » Logged
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 09:01:07 PM »

Why are these two still partying in march by the way , and what kinda party is that ?? they are always at it Grin

Edt: maybe should have put this in the noob zone.Soz.

It's only nine months to Christmas, it's never too early to shake a little Santa-and-his-homie-butt!
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 02:16:43 PM »

CSS3 hiding of text is well known, highly usable and very effective: provided you don't get a handjob. If you really want to sell cloaking in plain site, then you'll need some semblance of a reason for why text is hidden. Z-index works very well, but can get "blinked" if things dont load the way you expect them. Display: none; is most effective, but it is also probably the second most prone to be checked up on. Putting something H or V in the negatives is probably the most obvious and I'd not do it.

Personally, I like display: none, but I use it in a very special way. And No, I'm afraid I'm unwilling to share that very special way out here Wink

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
dee
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 03:15:55 AM »

Thanks as always. That gives me something to go on. Right then.....off to put the Christmas deco's up
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript