The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 16, 2019, 09:59:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: detect if user clicked or was redirected. previous site...  (Read 3682 times)
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2011, 10:22:21 AM »

Is there ANY way to know if a user, coming from an arbitrary site, to my site, clicked a link/ad/image/whatever, OR was redirected by JS?

In short, is there anyway to detect that a user was JS redirected to your site?
Example would be redirecting users to amazon, which is no longer allowed. Can they detect it, if its a 1 second delayed redirect?

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 10:36:53 AM »

AFAIK, whether they click or you window.open or redirect they should not be able to tell, provided you don't give them any overt clues.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 03:51:47 PM »

You have to manipulate the window.history object
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/window.history
You can not manipulate directly
"There is no way to clear the session history or to disable the back/forward navigation from unprivileged code. The closest available solution is the location.replace() method, which replaces the current item of the session history with the provided URL."

All of my cloaking used to be done with JS. And all of my tracking was also done with JS Smiley I used to use that method to kill the current page.
It all depends on what lengths Amazon is going to go to detect this.
Theoretically they could load a JS into their site. They could then yank out the history object and pass it to their server.
I did manage to catch a google manual check that way Wink
janicethomas
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 09:19:44 PM »

I don't know if this might help you, but have you try Feedjit , this one can monitor your traffic and every visits from their location to the sites where they have click your site.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript