The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 06:23:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: solve missing header files on c ???  (Read 4368 times)
nubie
Rookie

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2009, 02:16:44 AM »

Hi all,  sorry for asking this question, i've some c code but can't compile it cause i don't have one of the header file on that code,
what should i do for this thing and why some on /usr/include on linux have some header but on borland version there is not - both.
for this thing i've try to download or search on google but when i found and opened it, it have more define or header that i don't have.
Is there any way to resolve this kind of thing or i should use Microsoft Visual c for many of header files  Huh? ?

Thank you and sorry for asking this question.

cheers,
nubie
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 08:19:30 AM »

Means you're missing a dependency. See what libraries your application needs to compile. If you're using Make then it should give you some clues. Also, most of the time you'll need the -dev version of the packages so that you actually get the .h files.

hai
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 02:10:11 PM »

Probably be easier to assist if we knew exactly what you were missing.

If this is M$ C/# etc, then set your compiler switches to verbose or notice and you should get WAY more info than you ever wanted ... but in there will be a description of what it needs, and probably what it was doing when it needed it.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nubie
Rookie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 05:53:53 PM »

the code not on the package it's just one file code, i got it from my friend cause he don't know how to use it and he didn't tell me where he got that code and
i don't save that code on my pc  D'oh! so i just had test that code on my pc friends using borland commandline tools, but from that code need "libnet.h" and
on borland include files there is no "libnet.h", i had checked on my linux yesterday and "libnet.h" is exist. I know maybe that code just for linux system/write on linux
but can i just copy the libnet.h/another header or library files which not exist to my borland include files folder or conversely(well i'm not positive sure about this  Embarrassed),
or in this thing my friend just missing another component from the source code Huh?

Thanks a lot.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 12:19:53 AM »

No, in most instances you'll not be able to just copy the header from one OS into a compile on the other. And probably the libnet.h points to a libnet.c somewhere that will need to be either compiled into or linked up to the app you're compiling ... so just having the header move over from Nix to Windoz is most likely not going to do you.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 06:33:05 AM »

Roll Eyes

Borland

Just stop using Windows dude. There's no reason to except for games.

hai
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 05:45:46 PM »

Sounds like it is linux code which you are trying to compile on a windoze system.
A nightmare lol

You can attempt to use cygwin or mingw32 compiler (gcc compiler)

Good luck Smiley
nubie
Rookie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 07:19:12 PM »

Thanks to you all for the advice and this enlightment  Grin,
sorry for disturbing all your time.

cheers,
nubie
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 11:48:59 PM »

No, in most instances you'll not be able to just copy the header from one OS into a compile on the other. And probably the libnet.h points to a libnet.c somewhere that will need to be either compiled into or linked up to the app you're compiling ... so just having the header move over from Nix to Windoz is most likely not going to do you.

Reaching for the tums right now Tongue Even if you found the file, perk is right.  Chances are you'll be searching endlessly for the dependencies and even if all are found they may reference outdated APIs.  I'd try to get my hands on a complete legacy environment with the tools of the day before bashing my head against that wall for too long  Nerd

Also possible is to stub it out and rewrite what's missing or build it with partial functionality.  Without knowing more about it there's not much anyone could suggest I'm afraid  Undecided

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript