The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2019, 12:37:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Delphi Compiler  (Read 3370 times)
JasonD
Expert

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2007, 04:26:55 AM »

I have found some old code that I had to reverse engineer back to Delphi source, but wondered if anyone remembers enough of this old and ancient language, as well as having a compiler (Kylix?)

Thanks
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 09:58:35 AM »

Heh.

I have all the Delphi Enterprises (up to 6 or maybe even 7), Kylix 1 and Kylix 3. I can assist with syntax and compilation shitties (Kylix was notorious) and, provided it's for research purposes only  Roll Eyes I am willing to work with you on an install image. Actually, I still love the absolute rigidity of that language and the implementation of OO design. Also, the class hierarichy was fantastic. Lemmee know.

/p

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
JasonD
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 02:57:47 PM »

Thanks pal.

Will be in touch Smiley
jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 11:17:26 AM »

I am currently using Delphi 5 to scrape a well known search
engine and stock information web site to relieve them of their entire stock database.

Has been running solid for over a month and a half now, every
random 25-45 minutes making a single click, parsing the results
and spitting it into an SQL Server.. as if it was just some human doing it. muhahahaha
Im a little over halfway complete.... And then i have to go back and get what happened
while i was getting it... <sigh!>

I own and on seperate machines am experimenting with Delphi 7 and 2005
as well.

To this day i find it a stable and extremely buildable RAPID APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
System.  I am curious to research the Kylix as well and wonder if my libraries will port over?
What flavor of linux does it install best on?  I have them all as well but am currently sporting
Ubuntu..

lmk about that image...and that reverse engineer code...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 11:20:58 AM by jammaster82 » Logged

The watched pot, never boils... But if you walk away from it , the soup burns.  What gives?
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 12:16:39 PM »

JM82 is a well known techno-anarchic, so be careful with his advice  ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

JM - it is <reasonable> but not flawless. I found that my class libraries that were unGUI went pretty damn well, GUI stuff had a lot of troubles.

The last supported OS was RedHat 8, although I've made it work on RH 9. I've also made it work on a RH9 instance running on my Mac under Parallels, which is pretty neat to see.

The logic behind your classes will also move quite nicely to an OO thinking of PHP - this is what I have been doing for the last 2 years and it's pretty strong.

PinkHat is sitting beside me and says hello... if you go to the root of this domain you can see a picture of us in Mexico.

/p

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript