The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 14, 2019, 06:35:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: C# webRequest / webResponse funky issue  (Read 2509 times)
KaptainKrayola
Keeper of Pie
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile WWW
« on: July 22, 2011, 12:11:18 PM »

I am by no means a C#/.net expert but was tasked with building a load testing app for someone.  It basically simulates an HTTP Post from our environment so they could load test their setup.  The issue I'm having is that it will send as many requests as I need it to when it hits my LOCAL capture page.  Whenever I point it to a URL out on the internet it will get 2-3 posts in then bomb.  It starts coming back with Timeout errors. 

I can't understand why the first 2-3 (no matter which URL i point it to) would work fine then it would just start timing out.

I can configure the app to  send X messages every Y seconds for Z seconds.  I have tested it with a variety of settings and 1 message per second for 10 seconds is my standard testing routine.  I am kicking off a new thread for each message post that it does since the idea was to be able to do like 50 messages per second for like 600 seconds.

If you have any ideas please let me know otherwise I may have to resort to violence.

We can't stop here, this is bat country.
KaptainKrayola
Keeper of Pie
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 12:47:18 PM »

Well son of a bitch.

System.Net.ServicePointManager.DefaultConnectionLimit = 100;

Apparently there is a default 2 concurrent connection limit in place.

fuck you .net, fuck you very much.

We can't stop here, this is bat country.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 06:09:51 PM »

About 30 minutes, post to post. Looks like the web has been very very good, to you.

Happy FYF Kaps Smiley

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript