The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 05:10:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: BIG NEWS: Delphi for iOS coming soon!  (Read 9139 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2013, 02:26:55 PM »

Just got a spam mail for a webinar to view the upcoming Delphi IDE for iOS. Now many of you will think, WGAF, but I was INSTANTLY intrigued and cannot wait to see what they have done, as Delphi was my favorite IDE for a great many years.

Register here: http://forms.embarcadero.com/forms/AMUSCA1302RADMobilePreviewWebinar2-21
More info here: http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio

iOS for Mac, Windows. Web and Mobil, developing now for iOS and soon for Android as well (select a compilation target I assume). It's on top of Embarcadero's Rad Studio X3 platform, I'm really looking forward to seeing what it has to offer. If it is, in fact, ObjectPascal for iOS I have oh, like, hundreds of thousands of lines of code that I could port and perhaps get my pad and phone to do some REAL schn!t. I'll post here when I know more as well.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 02:44:39 PM »

More can be seen about the IDE and platform here: http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 03:59:56 PM »

Jackoff  this makes it cooler because of how many platforms there are out ther in peoples hands that it will run on!

I was just looking at embarcadros RadPHP the other day: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RadPHP

Theres just no other way to create than RAD im really anxious to watch this develop!

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 04:02:19 PM »

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vcl4php/

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 04:06:21 PM »

Theres just no other way to create than RAD im really anxious to watch this develop!

Me too. I'd really like to leverage all that time and effort with the language into a new platform, this MAY be the way to go. I'm going to be in the middle webinar, really looking forward to it.

Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 04:36:27 PM »

ill just registered for the middle one! see ya there!

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 12:51:51 AM »

Right on!

Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 01:30:41 AM »

Right on!

Red after stop! Cheesy

Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 11:59:34 AM »

Popcorn

Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 12:00:35 PM »

Me too. I'd really like to leverage all that time and effort with the language into a new platform, this MAY be the way to go. I'm going to be in the middle webinar, really looking forward to it.

Why? You're just going to rewrite it all anyway.

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 12:00:52 PM »

Currently waiting on the webinar. They are over an hour late now. If that's any indication of what's to come I'm not hopeful  ROFLMAO

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 12:02:00 PM »

Why? You're just going to rewrite it all anyway.

Well, many of my classes are what I'm thinking about. I have some really powerful utility classes I use (used) for apps and being able to bring those back alive would be great. Also, being able to look at them will get me back into the rhythm of the language more quickly.

But that said, the goals of programming for iOS would be completely different than iRobot Wink

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 12:02:55 PM »

Starting! Popcorn

Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 12:15:49 PM »

OMg thats gonna be so sweet.  The azdug will crawl out of the caves.... Cheesy

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 12:17:03 PM »

manohman ... it is ... it is Delphi for iOS. 

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript