The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 20, 2019, 11:45:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Advantages of Giclee prints as photos on canvas  (Read 3465 times)
aphoto
n00b

View Profile WWW
« on: August 28, 2011, 12:03:28 AM »

An important advantage of this method is the time taken to do the work. Since only printing is done, the time from submission of photo to delivery at home can be as little as three working days. Another advantage is that this art form is starting to attract art investors and who knows maybe your work will be a collector's item one day.
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 01:08:07 PM »

Gee, I was just wondering about the advantages of Giclee prints as photos on canvas.  It had consumed most of my thoughts.  Thank God for the  'Bot
Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 05:46:28 PM »

oh, at first i thought it was some designer jeans  lol
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 05:49:07 PM by Bompa » Logged

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 07:43:27 AM »

Although the bot's been shut down, it's interesting stuff. Pink and I have a friend who's a painter and he does giclee for some of his works that he wants to sell multiple copies of. It's pretty amazing. He adds a bit of paint on top to give the canvas texture and to polish some colors that don't come out to his liking. The final work is VERY wall worthy.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 11:12:40 PM »

So tell me: what is the point of these bots which leave messages like the original post?  It's not pushing a specific product, or directing people to a website.  Is it just an attempt to get a foot in the virtual door, and subsequently start posting spam?  I don't spend much time paying attention to that stuff, so maybe there's a new facet to the online ripoff game I don't understand. 
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 12:35:50 PM »

Either post-edit spam, in which case they're dropping a marker to come back later and edit (adding links) or signature spam, in which case they're hoping that their signature is picked up as a link.

Essentially I kill any non-approved signatures and have a 30 minute window for editing, so they can't come back later and modify their posts. But the bots'd not know that. Lately I've just been instantly banning and removing anything by clear bots - sometimes I'll let them sit if they even offer the most remotely interesting content or presentation.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
rcjordan
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 05:22:04 AM »

Automated profile link spamming still works on G.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript