The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 02:00:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Where I think the future is in programming and computing  (Read 4044 times)
jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2009, 04:29:10 AM »

The future? a platformless platform.  tower of babble topples and the virtual virtual emerges.

like a snake head eating the head on the opposite side.

Like gOD being all powerful and creating some 'x' bigger and
more omnipotent than his/her/it/we/you/they self.

this is what im talkin bout.... screw delphi.

http://eyeos.org/

What is eyeOS?

eyeOS is the Cloud Computing Operating System. Work online -personally or collaboratively- with your files, office, calendar, contacts and much more. Your data is safe and always available --eyeOS is Free Software!

Why is eyeOS Free Software?

The idea of eyeOS is to create a free, open source (AGPLv3) product easy to install on a web server so you will have your own cloud system under your control. You can also participate in a great community of users and developers, able to create your own apps. Welcome to the eyeOS project.

And what if I just want to use eyeOS now?

If you do not want to install eyeOS in your own server, you can create an account in our free public server and start using eyeOS right now. Just go to eyeos.info and discover the power of eyeOS.

of course puppy is already on board:

eeZos - A puppy for WebOS integration.

Take a look a the eeZos web site: http://www.eezos.com/

And the wiki: http://www.eezos.com/wiki/doku.php?id=road_map

eeZos is designed to make full use of the concept of online cloud computing. The idea is that you can access your data from anywhere in the world and from any PC you choose.

The watched pot, never boils... But if you walk away from it , the soup burns.  What gives?
jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 04:52:52 AM »

in case your one of those "IM SCARED TO TRY ANYTHING NEW ON MY COMPUTER PEOPLE" heres
the cliffs notes... Os is moot point at this juncture.  cloud computing here we come. I bet china
has been using our computers through adware for a decade or so....

* virtualos.PNG (436.22 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 200 times.)

The watched pot, never boils... But if you walk away from it , the soup burns.  What gives?
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 06:23:02 AM »

Agreed.

It could take a while, though.

hai
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 09:42:53 AM »

... and it's back to mainframe mentality. Or a semblance thereof.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 10:29:21 AM »

It only makes sense.

It was these people at Microsoft that convinced us all that we need fat clients. As tech improves you'll be able to do things streaming that you'd never have dreamed possible.

Also Perk, with a mainframe you have a fat server and a thin client. I would argue that what is emerging will be not fat servers, but a fat monolithic "cloud" instead. The potential is much less limited than back when we were using mainframes the first time around.

hai
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 11:08:23 AM »

The first computer I worked on was an IBM System 370 at Orange Coast College in SoCal VS - it makes a lot of sense to me. It is just always funny to me how things come around in big wide circles.

I think the ultimate "cloud" computing will be when it doesn't matter if it's local or remote - even the notion of local and remote will be replaced simply by a cooperative cloud organism. IT's going to be pretty cool IMO, although I agree it will take a while yet. When the last mile of fiber is actually laid to everyone, things will start moving really fast in that direction.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 11:40:15 PM »

The first computer I worked on was a TRS-80 Model 1..  People didnt much want to
do with it or any computer and I remember people only going 'cool' when they
saw the internets grandmama telnet..   Computers that werent networked just
]werent[ cool enough for the random person. It wasnt until America online got
America ONLINE that every idiot in the world started talking about, PUNCHING THAT
UP THERE ON THE COMPUTER and everyone became fascinated. This also came
about at the same time they got fast enough for multimedia and flawless .wav file
playback.

I think the market controlled what happened to computers, them getting faster and
cheaper and now that sort of seems to be leveling out and Im suggesting that although
it may take a while for this to come full circle the new circle wont be controlled by the
slap em together track house building methodology weve seen in technology development
in the last 20 years.

But more like on this virtual virtual, platformless platform
coolness will evolve that has nothing to do with writing software for OS 9 thats obsolete in two
years or getting your MS certification only to find out that everything changed again.  I see this
concept stabilizing into some sort of consistent platform and revolutionizing the way we compute.
Can you imagine if someone like perkiset could still be using all his horsepower and building libraries
on top of libraries and retiring with the same toolbox hed been building since the mainframe days
instead of Porting the same functions from platform to platform and language to language?.  I mean
I mean where is the singularity?

I think the next generation of coders will be able to do just this once the cloud gets going.

So if we go back to fat host thin client and the grid goes down, what good is it?
What happens when the last mile of fiber is torched by the afghanis?
(re: star wars phantom menace droid control ship shutdown)
What good would the entire client server model be.

Then what would you do with your computer>?  I guess wed have to stop ordering
shit online and all those people at circuit city would get their jobs back selling overpriced
usb cables.

Fat client thin host, its all about the connection speed... thats why i owe cox 500$ and
im gonna pay them... The money is on the come back.... just ask my doctor.

But thats why the jedis went to clones ... cause the droid control ship was shut down by
a little boy.... Just like stan reset the entire internet on south park.

and as far as star wars goes...i think they just should have gone clone cyborgs cause the
storm troopers couldnt shoot worth a fuck....

ROFLMAO

jairez
Expert

JTFC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 01:25:04 PM »

JTFC ... this thread took a turn.

I was getting ready to reply about computing when all of a sudden, I had the Hot Leia in my head wearing the "I Dream of Jeannie"/"Get real close to the TV so you can see bush" see-through pajamas.

Weird.

Spontaneity has it's time and place.  [Sluggo, 1990-ish]
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 02:55:52 PM »

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO Actually, Jammaster took a turn, the thread was on track. He can do that at times. He's better than TV and you don't have to endure commercials.

jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 01:36:35 AM »

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

must be the eight silver amalgam mercury root canals....

yeah, i have ADD AND OCD so im constantly
obsessing about random things and then forgetting about them for something
cooler..

@jairez: HOT LEIA n getting close to see bush:
LOL... reminds me of squinting the nipple on page 42 of the JcPenney Catalog Bra Section
in the very few years before that 2400 bit per second slow tease compuserve
gif xxx pic download.... by the time that second interleave transposed over
the first blotchy layer, i was already smiling and napping..   ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

so what are your thoughts on the cloud computing concept and the future, jairez? I'd be interested in hearing
them.

jairez
Expert

JTFC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 03:15:40 PM »

Oh sure ... leave it to me to be the buzz-kill here  Sarcasm

@jmm and page 42 ... I'm totally hip with you there!  I spent countless hours in my youth watching the scrambled adult pix on SelectTV when my parents weren't home --- praying for a temporarily unscrambled tit  Devilish  The moment definitely had me "smiling ", and if by "napping" you mean "beating my penis like it owed me money?"  Then yeah, that was me too.

Anyway ... cloud computing, huh? 

I took ansi C on a VAX and while that was cool, my first real experience with a powerful database was COBOL.  Prior to that I had dBase III, Paradox and some Sybase experience, but I was not prepared for records with hundreds of fields, or with enough processing juice to bang out electricity invoices for an entire city in an hour or so.  Ever since then (mid '90's) I've thought the ideal situation would be to do whatever was possible to let the big iron chew on the problems, then deliver the results to a webserver.  So if that's the horsepower in the "cloud" (either big iron or grid) then I'm all for it and believe it's expansion is inevitable. 

I think the idea of M$-enabled web farms are quickly on their way out because the licensing expense (per core?  are your kidding me?)  and maintenance requirements are a small-business killer.  And since small businesses make up 80-90% of the U.S. economy, the shift to the cloud is inevitable, and probably coming quicker than we expect. 

Now, how to gracefully segue to my nuts or something .... 

Spontaneity has it's time and place.  [Sluggo, 1990-ish]
jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 06:04:55 PM »

lol.. im all about some subliminal blue.purple sideways squiggly boob in the vertical blank..... hahahaha

yea the mid nineties and more the late nineties sql server 6 something things really became
easy enough to just find out where all the licensed drivers without insurance where... thats
pretty much where we lost the war and could no longer just take a chance on not hitting anyone.

Around the time any clod with win95 or 98 could go 'select * from wherever where whatever'
the govt had all these little lists and our freedoms drifted away into the ether...

Police

im just wondering why we cant do any better than dragon naturally speaking by now..
oh yeah, new hardware, new os, tower of babble..... im being redundant all over again.. im gonna
go take a nap and think about becoming amish.

jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 03:12:48 PM »

IMEAN, THE AMISH ARE TTOTALLY OFF THE GRID.

In the future, there will be rebooting constantly robots and people with no more COMPUTER MINUTES EXCEPT BNIGHTS AND WEEKENDS OF COURSE.

THOSE WILL BE FREE.

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 04:02:59 PM »

LOL

http://www.amish.net/faq.asp

jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »

i have to completely disagree with the tone of this site.  and
the facts aren't straight.

i actually have first hand knowledge of the life
of Amish people... friend of mine has  a fifty acre
farm in Kentucky..

first of all if you've never seen an Amish woman's face.. they
are doing things right.   they are quite possibly the most
enchanting beautiful strains of human that may or may not
have ever walked *THIS* planet ... inner or outer.

so im hanging out and
my Amish friend *NAME UNIMPORTANT ONLY PERSONAL CONTACT*
is 15 feet in the air towering 9 feet above me on his horse carrying in
tandem the three gentle beautiful horses he trains every morning
(and whom which his brother shoes forged from hand tools never
a machine) ...

so i look up at this guy who is fifteen and does THIS every day
and i ask him whats it like doing this every day..

he takes a deep breath of fresh air and looks out into the universe
and thinks but only for a moment... just double checking hius resolve and
looks me square in the eye and says, " its pretty fucking awesome."

then he tied his horses to the tree where my buddy keeps the beer cooler
 tied and got drunk all morning and laid in the hay.

I bet he would never be recognized on a facial recognition red light
 runner robocop cam.... and suggests that only he is in heaven
 in a big brother hell.....in the united states of obamica, anyway

never having been fingerprinted...never photographed...he is completely out
 of the shithole system that seems to surround us and our postings
 with actual GPS data about where us slaves are.

i know this from personal experience.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 04:15:22 PM by jammaster82 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript