The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 14, 2019, 06:00:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I am a fucking GIRL  (Read 3249 times)
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2008, 09:01:55 PM »

Where is the girl in a tutu smiley.

I apparently can't do linux. and I have lost my shit.
I yeild.
Uncle.

I was trying to get away from Mosso, not because I dont like them. Matter of fact I love the platform. Very simple. Easy control panel. All the feature I need, with little to no worry of security and such. Scale as I grow. client billing. everything I need. Perfect.

BUT.

They are rolling out this CYCLES shit. Its some magic voodoo, you used X much, measuring system. Well, most of my sites use very little, because they are very efficient, or very low volume. However...
My MCP site, the root of all my evils, is burning the everloving shit out of my cycles. I get 30k cycles. I burned that in 10 days. good thing they dont charge yet since they are trying to figure out the metric, and calibrate it better.

So I was going to move to a dedi box. Great plan i thought. Get a 100 buck a month machine, run my evil from it, end of story. Well apparently I am great coder, but a REALLY SHITTY LINUX ADMIN.
I have had to reimage my server 8 times in 2 days. Locked myself out, deleted the main IP, etc etc etc etc.
WOW do i suck hard.

EPIC FAIL
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:05:35 PM by nutballs » Logged

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 02:22:59 PM »

Call me and we'll fix it. There is an easier way to go.

I don't image *anything*. That part is handled for me, I just get on to doing what I do best. It's bullshit that you're spending your time on that baloney.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 03:58:09 PM »

ah. when you called I didnt realize you thought I was doing it. I click a button and within an hour its back up fresh and new.
Its not me doing anything except, NOT getting anything actually done. lol

Anyway, per our conversation.
$599 = 1.83GHz : Combo Drive : 80GB hard drive
OR
$799 = 2GHz : SuperDrive : 120GB hard drive

which would you do? 80gb is enough i think, and really, is the .17 ghz worth it? I doubt it.

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 04:05:27 PM »

599. Add memory from Crucial. You don't need to burn DVDs on a server and the .17 Hz is a spec on a flea's ass. The added HD might be important if you are streaming sex videos from this box, but that would change much of what we were talking about anyway Wink

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 04:30:40 PM »

thats what I figured.

nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 04:38:53 PM »

oh and.

I do have two shuttle boxes. Not quite as small obviously.
And I had issues getting any Linux distro onto them at all.
So, although they are free, as in i already have them, I'm not sure its worth it. lol
plus not sure if physical size is an issue.

I guess I can try loading up fedora 9 since that is new since I last tried to install linux and see if that will fly.
but i still like the mini idea overall, especially because I am at least somewhat knowledgeable on the mac desktop.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript