The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 22, 2019, 07:50:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 7: Next step, Fox News marketing campaign!  (Read 2375 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2009, 06:54:56 PM »

This is hilarious!

I've often wondered, as one reader does, why I get peculiar lies and assertions from Best Buy lackies about Macs when I question them. I always chalked it up to ignorance and stupidity, or simply pimply-faced adolescents that have an ax to grind. But no! It's a calculated and prepared construct! Read on, truth seekers!

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09/09/08/microsoft_unleashes_retail_talking_points_attacking_linux_macs.html

I'm guessing that since all of our politicians seem OK with lying, and simply getting louder and stronger if they get bagged, M$ has decided that's a great plan.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 08:57:11 PM »

Funny parallel, since Fox News is nothing but the name of a show.  The word "News" is not in the same differentiating font in the TV guide as all other reputable news stations.  So here we have nothing but a meaningless name "ExpertZone."  LOL - the SuckSpurtZone is more like it.

But this practice is the oldest in the book and they all do it in various ways.  Name a certification that's completely devoid of preference to itself and I'd be amazed.  Same ole problem though.  The way business is setup (closed, max profits, copyright driven) this is nothing but a great move on their part.  Great way to work the broken system IMO.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 09:05:20 PM »

True, that. And much like politicians have a field day with the vast unwashed masses, so does M$ in this case make use of their mental plasticity to it's benefit.

Marketing 101, and well done. Doesn't make it any less funny to me though Smiley

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 09:36:11 PM »

It's hilarious to me too.  The appalling lack of effort to disguise this as anything other than a profit-driven lie machine is unbelievable.  Even when the motives of a wolf in sheep's clothing can't be completely hidden, at least have the decency to bring the sheep a beer (like valuable and true information worth enduring the brainwashing session).

It may backfire hard if the punch drinkers get cheap copies of Win 7 and then refuse to parrot these ridiculous assertions.  Perhaps when they begin feeling like idiots that will never get hired anywhere else.  With a less thinly-veiled approach this might work as well as Fox "News."

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 09:42:31 PM »

Perhaps when they begin feeling like idiots that will never get hired anywhere else.

There's room to move in both the food service, and cleaning industries. They'll do just fine  ROFLMAO

isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 09:48:16 PM »

There's room to move in both the food service, and cleaning industries. They'll do just fine

You can't get around the ol minimum wage...

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 09:49:09 PM »

Wink

nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 11:59:39 AM »

Huh? Huh? Huh?
Ponders what deluded world you guys live in.
News supplying valuable information for people ?
News is the stuff that goes in between advertisements, it always has, and always will be.
And news never has been accurate.

I wish I could find the reference to it.
In the 1890s about a journalist was sent to cover a "civil war" in the balkans.
Has was travelling by train, and slept past his station, by mistake he got off at another country.
No worry, he then reported that a civil war was happening in the balkan country he go off at.
He then went to the telegraph station to send the wire to his newspaper.
The secret service of the country saw his wire and panicked.
So immediately they mobilized the army to fight the so called insurgents.
Hence a civil war errupted.
His editor was very impressed that he could report the civil war 2 days before it started.

Or maybe it is just ok when Mac lies like heck, but wrong when MS does it  ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »

"News" was just a sarcastic joke meng.

And Apple doesn't lie.  Don't make me...

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript