The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2019, 07:34:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 7  (Read 2180 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2010, 08:18:32 PM »

One day into using Windows 7 full time and honestly, it's pretty damn impressive.  Now that I've actually purchased my OS, I feel it's almost my duty to use the hell out of it Wink  Of course I get to play my games, which is rarely ever these days, and also learn a new tool in my field.  But since I feel like this is a "should" then it might as well be a "get to"  ROFLMAO

Love Ubuntu.  Every single click of my mouse in that OS feels like I'm part of something good that others throughout the world can experience too.  But when it comes to smooth, pretty, fast and fun, Win7 and OS X are king and queen, respectively  ROFLMAO

Oh yeah and having a built in database of every driver in the universe?  Give that guy a promotion.  Although I'm 32-bit right now, I just came back from Central Computer (awesome store) drooling and envisioning my next PC creation.  It's in the 32GB of RAM, 26 inch Asus LCD world.  64 bit that is Smiley  Trouble with your 64-bit drivers? Wink  Nah I'm just fine thanks.  Anyway, I think 32GB of DDR3 1600s sounds delicious. 

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 08:36:12 PM »

welcome to the real world neo.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 11:22:24 PM »

welcome to the real world neo.

Sweet!  I always thought the "real" world was filled with Cream of Wheat meals and hopelessly resisting the machine with boring Emos.  Thank Christ the steak is real and right to wolf down  ROFLMAO

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 12:30:29 PM »

I'm looking forward to upgrading WAY too many XP and Vista systems to 7 and server 2008. I think that combo is gonna make me happy.

Although I'll bet it winds up making Nuts considerably happier  ROFLMAO

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 12:31:14 PM »

you have no idea... lol

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 01:40:49 PM »

All I can say about Win7 after using it in VMWare for few months is that it's way better than Vista but still suffers from weird logic in usability that makes it little less faster than XP to use. The problem still in Windows 7 is that it offers too many choices to do something unimportant by hiding important functions. OSX ain't better in many cases but at least there's usually only one way to do something and I get the job done.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript