The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2019, 12:49:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Xbox 360 killer app  (Read 2572 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2010, 07:40:46 PM »

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

I finally decided to get an Xbox 360 and for a moment yesterday I was wondering what all the hype was about.  Played a standard racing game and a totally lame arcade pack, Burnout Paradise and Tekken 6.  Good stuff but nothing to write home The Cache about.  Then I popped in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed  Shocked Applause

Holy craparino it rocks.  The game physics are in a brand new class that I've never seen before.  The next edition comes out in the fall and I already can't wait  Grin

* Star Wars TFU.jpg (76.2 KB, 700x391 - viewed 175 times.)

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 08:36:01 PM »

:jealous:   Sweet, bro!

That is a wicked game fer sho. Just be watchful of your very soul:

cut to 6 months later, Itto with beard, sitting around empty beer bottles
and moldy pizza delivery boxes, girlfriend gone, unemployed
ruler of the galaxy in the game, however....

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 09:34:12 PM »

lol! My future...

nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 09:44:35 PM »

Assuming the next version uses kinect... I am all over it.  I can't wait to see what is done with that thing.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 10:19:40 PM »

If you like FPS, you should try Bad Company 2 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. BC2 has awesome engine that allows everything to be destructed so maps change while people are playing.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 10:32:18 PM »

@kinect - just saw the video again.  Could be totally hot but for games like Star Wars I'd imagine precision and delay would be huge factors.  The water rafting game looks like a good fit and ping pong seems like a perfect idea - one big paddle and you play directly towards the screen/kinect sensor.  I'm guessing it would only be capable of sensing 2D movements from your body out to the sides   Huh?

Looks like a better aerobic workout tool than a 1'st/3'rd person shooter interface  Undecided

@kurdt - thanks.  I'm more a Battlefield series fan than Call of Duty, since I prefer non-scripted games.  But Star Wars is as scripted as it gets and I'm loving it so maybe I'll give it a try.  Cool deal at Game Stop - buy 2 used games get the third free.  You have 7 days to return any of them for any reason, no questions asked, for a full refund.  Now that's the kind of business I'm a fan of and happily support.  Nothing worse than getting stung on a PC game with zero chance to return it, as you know.  If everyone sold games like that the quality would improve across the board since the crappy ones would always return to the stores for a refund and stores would stop carrying them.  That's good for everyone, except for the crappy game makers who hope we get stuck with them before realizing they suck.

Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 11:00:06 PM »

MOM!!   BATHROOM!!!!! ahahahaha

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 06:54:45 AM »

@Itto
Full 3d, multiple person tracking.
Go watch some e3 vids of it. Should find plenty as "project natal"
If it even performs halfway, it will be awesome.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript