The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 12:18:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sometimes a picture says a thousand words...  (Read 4075 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2011, 03:07:22 PM »

Love this. Handout at McD for accessing the WiFi.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 01:51:50 PM »

Love it... and I find myself frustrated every time I need to connect a PC to a WiFi network.  There seem to always be password and security incompatibilities that just shouldn't exist.  At least on an unprotected network it should be easy... but looking at the McDonald's cheat sheet, maybe not so easy...
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 09:41:12 AM »

I dont understand why it was so difficult. Its not under 7. You just click the wifi icon in your system tray and select the network. Pretty much exactly like the mac method.

And im not really sure if thats the case anymore for XP and vista? I think they also have the little wifi icon now too? so that sheet is a bit out of date. but point made regardless and very funny observation.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 10:23:28 AM »

I think Windows has undergone a long and relatively hard conversion from tech-centric-OS to user-centric-OS.

They finally (seem to have) got with the program that it's less about dweebs that understand shell commands and are comfy with all those steps and more about grandma that wants to get her email. Fortunately, I think they've started to understand that there's more real cred in creating easy obvious, rather than looking like you're really smart because you know where to click when to get something to happen.

It is funny, and an indicator of days bygone IMO. I don't think many will put up with complicated and intricate OSs any longer. The days of appliance computing are truly upon us.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
aquariusmediaa
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 04:18:45 AM »

Nice information. I like it. This information is very useful one for me. Thanks for sharing it. I am agree with you "Sometimes a picture says a thousand words.
rcjordan
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 03:43:23 PM »

(RC checks profile of above. No links. Hmmm.... must be a delaybot.)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 03:45:13 PM »

Tis. Actually started with signature spam. Doesn't realize that he can't come back and edit the post.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript