The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2019, 01:02:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Salesforce.com's Mark Benioff: Microsoft is a "Patent Troll"  (Read 1248 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2010, 02:39:07 PM »

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/052510-salesforcecom-ceo-says-microsoft-is.html?source=NWWNLE_nlt_daily_pm_2010-05-25

Last week, Microsoft sued Salesforce.com, alleging that the company infringed nine of its patents. The suit -- a rare example of Microsoft using the courts to defend its patent portfolio -- covers several broad patents, including one for a system used to display a Web page with embedded menus. Another patent covered by the suit covers a method for stacking toolbars in a computer display.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 11:52:49 PM »

I bet many big companies are kicking themselves for incorporating in US.. between Echelon and patent trolls like Microsoft, US looks great country to put up a company that makes money and has products. Well Finland ain't that great either because of the taxes but at least we have little bit more sane patent laws and government here pretends to be up-to-speed when it comes to technology but in reality it's still dragging in the 90s.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript