The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 06:09:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Macroshaft's Tablet  (Read 1699 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2009, 05:34:36 PM »

The author here is totally laughing at the MS project because it has a pen - I'm not so sure it should be dismissed that out-of-hand - lots of folks will not worry about it being a pen and the form factor could be downright cool. The book-style would be unexpectedly cool from MS in my opinion, and could offer enough cool that it gives a new Apple tablet a run for it's money. MAYBE.

Dunno - have to see if, like so many rumors, this is anything other than linkbait: http://www.cultofmac.com/microsoft-als-has-a-secret-tablet-project-but-get-this-it-has-a-pen/16981

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
KaptainKrayola
Keeper of Pie
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 05:39:46 PM »

maybe im just a filthy old bastard but i still scribble notes on paper instead of the PC for a couple reasons - 1 i like pens, and 2 sometimes i want to take notes and include little scribbles with them as i am thinking something out which is nowhere near as easy with a mouse on the screen

normally i'll take any opportunity to bash MS but i personally like the pen idea. 

it says right in the article that its a multi-touch screen, right? so how can anyone reasonably assume the pen is the only method for input?  what would the point of a mult-touch screen be if you could only use the pen? Hmmmm?

now get me a beer.

We can't stop here, this is bat country.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 06:43:16 PM »

normally i'll take any opportunity to bash MS but i personally like the pen idea. 

it says right in the article that its a multi-touch screen, right? so how can anyone reasonably assume the pen is the only method for input?  what would the point of a mult-touch screen be if you could only use the pen? Hmmmm?
I would say it depends on age.
For "texting" I think the world record is like 30 words per minute.
At the speed 1/2 the kids I see text I would say they beat that easy Smiley.
Common complaint of iphone here is u can not get the "speed" for texting on the touch screen.

When the first typewriter came out, people had a hard time adapting to "thinking on keys".
I would say for the immediate market (until people stop using paper and pens) it is a good idea.

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 11:21:55 AM »

ROFLMAO

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/features/article.php/3840691/Why-Microsofts-Courier-Tablet-Will-Never-Exist.htm

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript