The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 09:09:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: include_path for xampp windows  (Read 5690 times)
jp29997
Rookie

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2007, 06:14:37 PM »

Forever a noob, I'm trying to get XML_Feed_Parser working on xampp and i'm getting these error messages

Warning: require_once(XML/Feed/Parser.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Documents and Settings\mxxxx\My Documents\Downloads\xampp\htdocs\test.php on line 2

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'XML/Feed/Parser.php' (include_path='.;C:\Documents and Settings\mxxxx\My Documents\Downloads\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\Documents and Settings\mxxxx\My Documents\Downloads\xampp\htdocs\test.php on line 2

Im using pear, dont really understand it but it says XML_Feed_Parser is installed and OK. I restarted apache after the adding the library.

Does the include_path syntax look right? I cant find any evidence of  this parser class except PEAR telling me everything is jake.

PS the forum logo is badass

No links in signatures please
thedarkness
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 06:31:31 PM »

php is expecting to find it here;

C:\Documents and Settings\mxxxx\My Documents\Downloads\xampp\php\pear\XML\Feed\Parser.php

if that file is not there then you need to work out why, get it there, or adjust your PATH accordingly.

Cheers,
td

"I want to be the guy my dog thinks I am."
 - Unknown
jp29997
Rookie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 06:51:29 PM »

php is expecting to find it here;

C:\Documents and Settings\mxxxx\My Documents\Downloads\xampp\php\pear\XML\Feed\Parser.php

if that file is not there then you need to work out why, get it there, or adjust your PATH accordingly.

Cheers,
td

you were right i misunderstood that XML\Feed|Parser in the error message as some kind of character escapement I didn't understand - and whenever I see a path or escape character I don't understand I must confess my first thought is "Windows?"  Embarrassed

its working, thanks for your help!

No links in signatures please
thedarkness
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 09:25:11 PM »

Yes, Windows is a different world for those of us who have a *nix history. There are things to be learned/taken from Windows too though. Remember "the warrior makes use of what is at hand" and "if you ain't where you are, you're no place"  Wink

Cheers,
td

"I want to be the guy my dog thinks I am."
 - Unknown
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript