The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 12:05:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electronic Beancurd?  (Read 1978 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2010, 10:09:17 AM »

I am just baffled at how hard MS is trying to be something that they are not. Consider:

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/TechandScience/Story/STIStory_533517.html

I mean really ... Electronic Beancurd?

I think if they continue to travel this sort path they will simply become a joke. MS should be focusing on the enterprise possibilities of their gargantuan installed base and mind share ... The cloud awaits. Instead the marketing morons want to go head to head with Apple in a space that they never were and frankly can never be. Cool hip and trendy has never been their thing. How have they gone so astray?

Apple has not yet been able to come up with anything even remotely resembling an enterprise level cloud offering ... MS is the only one that really has the ability right now to do it. Google is coming up fast and if MS doesn't move, they are going to lose their one true and formidable advantage.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 10:21:31 PM »

Technology firms are converging on Taiwan for the Computex Taipei show from June 1-5.
Years later, after turning his ability to think outside the box into his own advertising agency for clients that ranged from Neutrogena to TV networks, Bob was asked by Microsoft to assist with the launch of Windows at the famous Las Vegas Comdex convention for technology. But Microsoft faced a tough problem: they had come to the show late and the usual advertising facilities had been booked months in advance. The software giant still wanted every convention attendee to know about Windows. What did Bob “Outside-the-Box” Lorsch do with Microsoft’s big budget? With the help of some generously tipped hotel personnel, he made sure that 70,000 pillows in 35,000 hotel rooms had a silk-screened poem right on the pillow case, inviting the guests to the Microsoft booth.

“It’s one thing to go out and buy TV commercials or signs on taxis,” says Lorsch, “But I don’t think anyone had walked down the strip and peeled $100 bills to bell captains and housekeeping managers so that in two days every pillow had the Microsoft message.”

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=50641883

Cool, Hip and trendy never accomplished anything in the long term.

It is like the old fighter ace's saying from WW1.
Fancy flying never shot down another airplane.
The airplane is nothing more then a machine gun platform.
Tactic is very simple, sneak up on the other guy.
Then when you are 10 meters away, blast the other guy with the machine gun.
It is quite simple at 10 meters it is almost impossible to miss.
That way you never have to out fly the other guy.

Don't believe me, well one of the top aces, over 20 kills was half blind, had no depth perception etc.
Eventually he managed to kill himself, his depth perception was so poor, while landing he thought the plane was 50 meters higher then it was and ran it into the ground.

Don't know if M$ can pull it off this time, but in many ways apple is an easy target.
And right now with the stupid crap apple is doing with their istore, flash nonsense etc, well they are their own worst enemy.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 02:32:06 PM »

>I think if they continue to travel this sort path they will simply become a joke.

Disagree.  When you're already considered a marketing joke it's hard to go anywhere but up.  Ray of Light with Madonna during the Windows 95 release was probably their best marketing ever, IMO.  But I'd rather eat fresh curd in a Win7 themed restaurant than visit a Microsoft store that's apparently a cheap imitation of the Mac store 

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 02:37:03 PM »

Lol alrighty then, we'll go with joke on the way up.

Agree that they have plenty room to move up and given the cloud stuff they're currently working on, I believe they will be exonerated to a certain extent.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 02:56:18 PM »

Its kinda like BP.
In America (USA and Canada) they have had more accidents then all the other oil companies put together.
Then after running some sort of campain how they care about the environment people now think they are an environmentally friendly company.

Same shit with the oil spill
http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Issues/The-Economy/2010/06/02/BP-Admits-to-Buying-Oil-Spill-Search-Terms.aspx
Thanks to crap like this, and installing 9 more undersea cameras, people hate BP less then before.

Its kinda like a filipino politico.
He can make himself look good with statements like this.
"I only stole 20M peso, My opponent stole 40M peso, he is 2x as dishonest as me"
"I only get money from kidnapping and extortion, my opponent raises his money from gambling, that harms far more people then me"
"My opponent cheats far worse then me, he is paying 2K per vote, I am only paying 1K per vote. That is because people like me"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript