The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2019, 02:04:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: watch this  (Read 1280 times)
rcjordan
Lifer

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2010, 06:53:47 PM »

http://thecuriousbrain.com/?p=7464
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 07:55:28 PM »

awesome... together... we can rule the galaxy!

just ticks me off they beat me to world domination Cheesy

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 08:44:32 PM »

The constructed image at the end is a bit over the top and somewhat cartoonizes the presentation, but all in all, a frightening ubiquity.

I LOLd at the notion of the "Open Source" Google and how they aren't locking me in, looking at all that control, and intent to control.

Every service we use from them is a Faustian bargain. (He said with raised eyebrow, thinking of Nutballs. Popcorn)

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 09:31:28 PM »

lol

Hey man, the enemy you know. Or something like that.

Any hooo. Its not like they don't do evil. Of course they do. THey are hypocrites. All companies do evil from someone's point of view.
Red Cross was only spending 38% (i think) on their mission.
Google has your email.
Toyota didnt react fast enough to help stupid asses who cant put their car in neutral because they are too busy texting while driving.
All finance is evil, too many to list.
My doctor keeps trying to charge me a copay, even though I dont have one.
The government has your best interest or best interest at heart, depending on who you speak to.

Its all perspective. Most the shit we do every day is black-boxed, and we dont think twice about it.
I talk on my cellphone.
Drive my car.
Eat food from a restaurant.
use my internet service from Cox.
take vitamins.
get my eyeballs scanned by an iris scanner now and then.
swipe my credit card.
drive past photo radar.
etc etc etc.

get over it and start living easy Smiley

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 10:09:59 AM »

Actually I'm not about the "evil" line ... all companies act in their own interest, simple as that.

My displeasure and paranoia is also not with black boxes ... you and I both know how much our lives are attached to by various faceless entities.

No, my fear is that Google has got a governmentally invisible monopoly on our *lives* not necessarily a market segment. They control and integrate too much. Their ability to span too much of my life or my access to the net or frankly anything is becoming profound. They are like an amoeba... we are frogs in water on the stove. I think it's about time for them to be broken up.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript