The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 17, 2019, 05:46:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VPS & Multiple IPS  (Read 1931 times)
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2009, 08:27:29 AM »

I'm trying to move to the next level from where I'm at right now. That involves managing several IPs from one VPS account. Let's say I have a basic VPS with 100 IPs.

I have basic knowledge of Apache & Linux so I can manage pretty far myself with a decent tutorial. I don't know even where to begin asking questions how to do what Smiley For example can I change IP on-the-fly like proxy? Tutorials, hints, tips, etc. are very much welcome. One of the goals I'm trying to achieve is to have one VPS with many IPs all using TOR. Now I'm kinda stuck in single thread scripts because I can't start multiple TOR connections at once.

Yeah I know, I have long way to go Smiley

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 09:55:27 AM »

Hey Kurdt - I'm a little confused - since you mention Apache, are you talking about using these IPs for inbound sites, or outbound um, posting, or both or...? When you say change and IP on the fly, are you talking about writing a single script that can bind to an address and then send it's request out via that route (That looks like the most plausible explanation)?

Lots of concepts in there. I can help with inbound work if that's the case, I think VS posted here about binding to an IP for outbound (the problem is that unless you explicitly bind to an IP on the way out, your packets will use the default route which is the primary address of the machine - it will be seen as the gateway for your other addresses). I can't help with TOR but I can help with threading.

Lots to talk about in there.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 01:17:08 PM »

Hey Kurdt - I'm a little confused - since you mention Apache, are you talking about using these IPs for inbound sites, or outbound um, posting, or both or...? When you say change and IP on the fly, are you talking about writing a single script that can bind to an address and then send it's request out via that route (That looks like the most plausible explanation)?

Lots of concepts in there. I can help with inbound work if that's the case, I think VS posted here about binding to an IP for outbound (the problem is that unless you explicitly bind to an IP on the way out, your packets will use the default route which is the primary address of the machine - it will be seen as the gateway for your other addresses). I can't help with TOR but I can help with threading.

Lots to talk about in there.
The problem is that I really don't know even myself what I'm talking about D'oh!

The idea in my head is that I want to have one VPS account with IP 100.100.100.1 for example. I have obtained IP range from 100.100.100.1 -> 100.100.100.255. Now I want to have  let's say Google scraper that's multithreaded that uses 50 random IPs from 100.100.100.100 -> 100.100.100.255 range as TOR "gateways" or TOR proxies. Now I would like to have my script start like 50 threads and each thread would utilize different IP from my IP range to obtain TOR proxy connection with unique exit node. You see the problem with TOR is that very often exit nodes are pretty damn slow or don't support SSL and you have to wait about 4 seconds to get new exit node. This is the only way I can think of how to utilize TOR efficiently for multithreaded scraping.

The problem is that now my php TOR script uses Linux TOR & Privoxy to route the traffic thru TOR and to get the exit node. But how I can TOR to obtain new exit node for new IP without losing the old connection that my other IP is using at the same time?

I really appreciate you trying to understand what the hell I'm trying to say Smiley I have "the system" in my head and now I just have to find some way to make it reality. Also if you have a better or smarter system I could do easier, I'm all ears. TOR just seems like a perfect way to get hundreds of working proxies all the time.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 06:00:15 AM »

Uh

if you want the IP to be Tor exit nodes, you need to run a Tor exit node server and bind every IP for it, but it won't automatically cycle through IP so you will need to assign a different port for each IP to the machine (otherwise, I doubt it can bind more than 1 IP).

But you don't need Tor at all, so forget about all that barely-readable hogwash above!  Tongue

If your scripts use, say, CURL, then you can bind to any interface that you actually iptables/DNS/whatever records on.
I think it's:
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_BIND_ADDR, 'your_ip_here');
but I could be mistaken, as that's off the top of my head and I can't be arsed to look it up.

You should, though:
http://php.net/curl_setopt

Smiley

hai
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript