The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2019, 06:11:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Verizon Expands Droid Invasion with Eris  (Read 2654 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2009, 09:36:46 PM »

So tempting yet so unappealing at the same time.  Ever wonder why printers are so cheap yet the cost of their ink bleeds you dry?  How about a phone that probably should cost at least $1000 for the manufacturer to break even, yet is dangled in front of you for $99 or even "free?"  These two year contracts are so lucrative that Verizon could care less that people like me refuse to sell my soul to them.  But for those so inclined: http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/181137/verizon_expands_droid_invasion_with_eris.html?tk=nl_dnx_h_crawl

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:36:35 AM »

Droid, Android, Droid Eris ... cripes, talk about marketing by fat fingering. I'm confused why they think that more phones named "Droid" is a good thing. And oh, BTW: someone should tell Google that Android ver1.5 should have a different name ("Cupcake")  ROFLMAO .

Interesting, but it suddenly made me more curious about the direction of things. I'm going to post about that.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 02:43:23 PM »

Dear god they are fucking this up, badly. Honesty I still haven't seen ANYTHING to get me even slightly interested of the product... where's the wow?

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 09:29:21 AM »

where's the wow?

Close your eyes and hear the inner-wow.  Mine sounds like this "wow, cheap alternative."  Sometimes I can hear a faint "wow, savings."  But most people hear a simple wow and wonder is this a good thing or a bad thing??  I don't know, but wow!  ROFLMAO

kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 11:51:59 AM »

Close your eyes and hear the inner-wow.  Mine sounds like this "wow, cheap alternative."  Sometimes I can hear a faint "wow, savings."  But most people hear a simple wow and wonder is this a good thing or a bad thing??  I don't know, but wow!  ROFLMAO
Sorry, I forgot the new economy wow factor... straight from the breadlines.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 11:57:08 AM »

Sorry, I forgot the new economy wow factor... straight from the breadlines.

ROFLMAO  Yeah, it's like wow this sucks Sad  But any wow in a storm.

Wow, I think I'm getting sick Wink

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 04:05:51 PM »

Ooog. The marketing guys must be on vacation. $15/month just for Exchange access?

http://www.cultofmac.com/verizon-charges-15-per-month-for-exchange-mail-on-droid/20290

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 02:04:32 AM »

Ooog. The marketing guys must be on vacation. $15/month just for Exchange access?

http://www.cultofmac.com/verizon-charges-15-per-month-for-exchange-mail-on-droid/20290

Man I don't know how you read this stuff and keep your dinner down.  Barfy group-think 1984 nastiness at cultofmac.con.  Well, in fairness I glance at the occasional tabloid and really enjoy the experience.  I laugh my ass off reading the Enquirer, as they unabashedly express what they truly are.  If the Cult Of Mac was honestly claiming to be a cult, their content would hardly be worth quoting

Fanboi in bold:

So, you know those off-the-mark iDon’t commercials Verizon’s using to hype the launch of the Motorola Droid? No removable battery, no physical keyboard, and a list of features only a developer could care about? Well, according to InfoWorld, that campaign could be turned against the Droid with the far more damning “DroiDon’t include free corporate e-mail access with a standard data plan.”

That’s right, in addition to the mandatory $30 data plan, equivalent to the iPhone’s, Verizon is charging Droid customers $15 per month extra to check their work e-mail — as they do all smartphone customers. It takes a lot to make AT&T look like the superior network, but Verizon has managed it.

And no, there’s no possible justification for this other than greed and foolhardiness.

Ever wonder why developers are so demonized by certain technology companies and the fanbois who write articles like this about them?  If so, why?  ROFLMAO  The best part is the laughable lesser evil argument.  This should be cited in Websters as the definition of projection: "there’s no possible justification for this other than greed and foolhardiness."  Amazing.  This douche has the audacity to pull the greed card on Verizon in support of Apple??  Huh? ROFLMAO

Almost instantly I imagined the article completely reversed with just as much "logic" at cultofverizon.con ROFLMAO  It's all about the inner cult.  Gatorade - Is It In you?TM  Intel Inside... Or ElseTM  Is Gatorade in Intel??  I think it's time for iBedTM - where quality sleep is permittedTM**

** With mandatory two year contract.  Where Quality Sleep Is Permitted, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Please Dear God I'm Tired, Inc.

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 09:17:46 AM »

Man I don't know how you read this stuff and keep your dinner down.  Barfy group-think 1984 nastiness at cultofmac.con.
ROFLMAO No worse than people that have MCSEs or read things like NetworkWorld I'd think.

isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 09:54:32 AM »

No worse than people that have MCSEs

OMG dood don't tell me you're Cult Of Mac Certified???  ROFLMAO

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 11:06:31 AM »

It's MR. CERTIFIABLE to you, mister. And donchagoforgettin' it.

isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 12:23:59 PM »

It's MR. CERTIFIABLE to you, mister. And donchagoforgettin' it.

ROFLMAO Fair enough Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript