The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 01:55:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The "No-Tier" Architecture, from the DreamFactory CEO  (Read 1308 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2010, 12:29:49 PM »

Interesting 4-page white paper on leveraging native architectures as opposed to the more complicated, heavily layered service oriented architectures with considerable challenges especially in terms of cross-platform SLA consistency.  The direction points to a more subscription-based collective of native cloud platforms as opposed to the layer heavy service approach favored in the 90s and still dominant where considerable investments in SOA keep businesses from making the leap.

Sample:

Multi-tenancy is game changing

Collaboration, shared data, and universal access
provided the catalyst to move software to the
web, enabling a much better delivery vehicle.
The next level, multi-tenant ecosystems,
delivers a game changing architecture.

Multi-tenancy is one of the foundations of
today’s SaaS application and enables
tremendous economies of scale through the
sharing of infrastructure services through a
broad community.

* Why Native Matters.pdf (126.58 KB - downloaded 318 times.)

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 12:53:03 PM »

Perhaps you could thumbnail that document. Seems a bit salesy for the dream offering ... How do you see this as game changing? Isn't the no-tier notion really kind of a catchphrase for THEIR layer?

Perhaps I am really missing it. Would like a deeper explanation.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 01:24:32 PM »

I see how this could be misinterpreted.  They're not simply saying "use us, no tiers, life is good."  They're also endorsing using other SaaS/PaaS offerings and tying them together without the traditional notion of tiers.  So rather than a low-level API layered approach to joining SFDC data to your ERP/CRM/etc. system, use each in a more native way and tie them together with a more subscription or direct approach.  Each cloud doing what it does best and being the database of record for their strengths.  Then rather than composing complicated matrices of clouds use each for what they do best and regain SLA confidence.

Perhaps more later - have to go Smiley

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 01:28:20 PM »

I thought ITTO meant it was interesting because of the density of catch phrases in the article.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript