The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 19, 2019, 02:17:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stinky Teddy  (Read 1651 times)
rcjordan
Lifer

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2009, 12:04:20 PM »

http://stinkyteddy.com/

Quirky. Different kinda serps.  Might help you pick up fringe stuff on your niche's radar, particularly if you tend to stay away from videos, twitter, and social.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 01:15:49 PM »

LOL the moment I clicked on that, then went to put my cursor in the search box TomCat and Java out-of-memoried.
They've a bit of work todo methinks...

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
rcjordan
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 01:20:39 PM »

slashdotted, i'm guessing. made one or more of the socials.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 01:29:27 PM »

LOL the moment I clicked on that, then went to put my cursor in the search box TomCat and Java out-of-memoried.
They've a bit of work todo methinks...

Ditto 

I wonder if their privacy policy raises any eyebrows:

Our privacy policy is fairly standard for search engines:
  • 1. We save a record of searches done on our search engine. We also save the IP address. In certain cases, we also save information about the clicks you make on our search page (we do not track you in any way when you are not on our site). This information is used to improve the search engine. We delete the records after one year.
  • 2. In order to enable preferences, we store several cookies on your computer. One of these is a unique user id number. All of this information gets wiped out if you delete your cookies.
  • 3. Currently we do not utilize or drop any third party cookies. This may change in the future as our business model develops. At such point, this privacy policy will be updated.
  • 4. Since we are a metasearch engine, we submit your search to other search engines, each of which has a privacy policy similar to this one.
  • 5. In the future, we hope to partner with researchers and use this search engine to run experiments. Your searches and click behavior may be published as part of these experiments, but we will not release any personally identifiable information.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 01:40:42 PM »

• 3. Currently we do not utilize or drop any third party cookies. This may change in the future as our business model develops. At such point, this privacy policy will be updated.
"We have this great new feature that loads Amazon and eBay in invisible iframe"

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript