The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 05:10:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Smartphone Technologies LLC vs ... The World.  (Read 1844 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2010, 11:23:49 AM »

This article in Apple Insider describes the essence of the suit : http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/03/10/apple_iphone_targeted_in_patent_lawsuit_over_sync_bluetooth.html

... but the defendant list includes Sony, Sanyo, RIM ... about a dozen. The Plaintiff? An LLC that has purchased obscure patents and is making a case that they now own the IP and all of the other companies are infringing. Money grab, beyond the pale. They don't even have a website, much less a company that would, in any way, actually make use of these patents other than squatting them and lying in wait for the potential award to be big enough to pull the trigger on the legal team.

And it is here where I agree 100% with ITTO that IP law is wrong ... although I'm only in the It Must Be Redrawn camp. To the point of Nutballs father that got spanked and had his inventions stolen and unpatentable, to this pond scum that is simply using our tax dollars to get a bunch of companies to excrete dough by exploiting the legal system, it's all a BFMess.

Perhaps a thought is that corporations cannot hold patents, people can  Idea... And secondarily, if you're not the inventor, you can't hold the patent  Idea... I believe that notions such as this, brought back from the idealistic world into the real world would also draw the IP Must Die extremists back in from the woods as well. Some how, some way, these laws must get back to protecting people FROM corporations, not just as a way to crowbar a levy from others.

Thoughts?

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 11:46:59 AM »

I suggest you do something about it rather than just rant on forums. Truly successful individuals change things instead just ranting in the pub how things just suck Don't make me...

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 12:07:42 PM »

Well for one thing, I've got my own forum and political blog to rant on, as opposed to ranting on other peoples'.

Secondarily, I'd never assume that other people here on my forum were simply ranting and not doing other things, since I have no experience of them outside this arena. It's bad form.

And lastly, I'd never assume that other people here on the board were not part of the "truly successful" because again, I have no knowledge of them outside this board.

Just sayin'.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 12:41:28 PM »

Well we all have different things which we can use to demonstrate our value. I don't actually make any assumptions of anybody here. I only know you based on your writings. That's not really up to me to say who is successful individual in overall because I lack the overall picture of what is successful individual but I do know one quality that must be visible in a person I believe is truly successful human being and that's doing something about the things that pisses you off. Now if somebody feels like they do not qualify, then it's not really my problem but it's yours alone and I can't help you by changing my opinion about you. I suggest you decide either not to rant things that piss you off and forget them as soon as they hit your conscious mind or you do something about them. If you only rant, then you are basically just wasting your time because if you wouldn't be ranting right now, you would be doing something that you enjoy. So it's a losing hand, always.

It's not a question of what you have done so far but it's what you will done. Too many people just stop trying to change the world because [insert some rationalized reason here that has usually something to do with getting older or becoming "responsible"].

And when I'm saying you, I mean who ever reads this so it's not directed only for you perk. People have more power than they realize but the way our society works right now is built to support this structure. If you think you have a better way, you need to work on to make that happen and not other things that you can use to prove your value if somebody tries to question it. It's funny that "do what you love" is so misunderstood. It should be the basis of every education system in the world. It's what makes great companies and it's what drives the world to be a better place when people "are not just doing their job" when they dump poison in the ocean just because it's a job and somebody told them to do it. The hard part in "doing what you love" is the part where you shape your love to a business that makes you money a.k.a you have something to sell in the marketplace. That's where education system could greatly help because when you look at the respected and admired people in the history, they all usually demonstrated skills and love for some activity when in school that they later applied to some sort of business or invention.

But this is very off-topic now Smiley Just wanted to clear up the air that I wasn't trying to say you are not worthy or some other bad vibes you could have gotten from the text.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 12:43:38 PM by kurdt » Logged

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript