The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 22, 2019, 11:46:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Psystar has a chance...?  (Read 1132 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2009, 03:01:32 PM »

This is an interesting article:

http://www.cultofmac.com/psystar-cocaine-car-crashes-and-the-companys-chances-of-beating-apple-pretty-good/20970

It would seem that they are pushing arguments that are akin to ITTO'ss and VS's ... and that if successful, they could tip up the software apple cart (no pun intended) for virtually entire industry.

Perhaps they should change their corporate name to "David."

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
rcjordan
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 03:12:58 PM »

"The case hinges on the legality of EULAs ó shrinkwrap licenses ó that say you donít own the software you buy, you license it."

Saw a headline somewhere just 2 weeks ago that said a judge threw out the EULA licensing and said you own the software. I only read the headline, so I don't know what case it was, etc.  (You should tell me in advance about your intended post topics, perk. 2 weeks notice, minimum.)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 03:21:25 PM »

LOL. I'll get right on that RC.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 06:15:18 PM »

It will be interesting.  But I'd like to meet the author in an alley for dragging the drug problem of a family member into this.  That's irrelevant and disgraceful, but it's just a Mac Cult after all  ROFLMAO

Several copycats have cropped up, including the Moscow-based RussianMac.
Shocked  Dear God?!?!?!!!  Nooooooooo!!

Hackintosh?  McCarthytosh!!  ROFLMAO

[... meanwhile in the Mac Cave]
Jesus people DO something!  Invoke the red scare!  Damn it I'll fire all of you again if I have to.  Disown the Clone!  Disooooown the Clone! (and their relatives)   Roll Eyes 

[enter the haunting new chart-busting single: "Send in the Clones"]

(scene)

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript