The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 01:05:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pinging a domain that is infringing  (Read 2428 times)
webinfoguy25
Journeyman

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2010, 05:12:52 AM »

Hey everyone I have a problem with a domain that is using a clients trademarked name for its url.  I don't have much time to push the domain out of the search engine results because I have other websites to do that for already.  So would it be wise to just ping the domain a whole bunch as a way to try and crash the server its on?  If not, than what is a reasonable alternative to getting rid of this tbager?

Thanks,

D'oh!

One thing I forgot to mention is the search phrase used to bring this problem website up in the search results contains the word "fraud".  How do you eliminate someone from the search results if you don't want to write web pages or send backlinks with anchor text like that attached to the end of your companies name?

Thanks,

Someone told me they brought a website down once by pinging it a bunch. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 10:00:20 AM by webinfoguy25 » Logged
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 05:36:38 AM »

Yeah, DoSing somebody's server is an excellent idea.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 07:42:21 AM »

You could talk crap about what they are wearing and stuff and make them feel like they have a big butt ... that will hurt em good.

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 08:23:14 AM »

That's what lawyers are for. If they are actually impinging on a valid, trademarked name you MAY be able to simply get it from them. Natch, if I owned mcdonalds.com the squat would get pinched right quick.

Probably an asshat that just wants money. Sometimes, even though it feels like a total fucking, it's cheaper and easier to slip the guy some flow, acquire the domain and call it a day. Sleazy, but might be the lowest cost and impact way.   

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 08:56:36 AM »

or

Code:
for i in {1..1000000}; do wget --spider --timeout=1 "[victim URL]?invalidparm=$i" >> /dev/null; done;

Use at your own risk  Mobster

hai
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 12:38:46 PM »

If you really wanted to DoS best would be to have a site with hundreds of visitors a minute
and then send back to each visitor a snippet of javascript that would ajax a different random url
on the domain of the victime...so that it would all originate from scattered ips hahahahah

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
dirk
Global Moderator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 08:41:07 PM »

I don't like brute force like DDoS or DoS:

http://ha.ckers.org/blog/20090617/slowloris-http-dos/
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 08:55:05 PM »

Nice and clean... buy an old laptop hand to hand and park near a wifi, and
its footprintless..   

nice.

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 10:47:32 PM »

Ooooh, nice Dirk. Creepy and dangerous, but nice.

Glad Ive never pissed you off Wink

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
dirk
Global Moderator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 06:00:36 AM »

Robert Hansen aka Rsnake is a nice and really smart guy.

Here is a video where he is explaining Slowloris:

http://vimeo.com/7618090 (go to 13:00)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript