The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2019, 07:03:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Office 2010 clears last hurdle to release  (Read 1391 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2010, 10:56:57 AM »

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/041710-office-2010-clears-last-hurdle.html?source=NWWNLE_nlt_daily_am_2010-04-19

I would have posted in All things Microsoft but for this: 666 Posts

Now as for Office 2010, seriously Jackoff

Does anybody care and if so can you help me understand why this has relevance to the IT world (other than new PCs eventually using it)?  After they tried to .DOCX the world into their proprietary format I think the least we could do is give them the .DOC boot 

I'm of course a fan of OpenOffice 

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 11:47:53 AM »

The only important thing for me here is my clients that are still locked into Office 2003 and cannot move forward ... this gets us further from the front and closer to a nasty sunset. Looking forward to seeing it - I'd like to see if they've gone towards more usability rather than more features, I know that's been on the request boards for a while.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 12:48:47 PM »

Any specific objections to using OpenOffice?  Critical missing features??  It's squarely within the "good enough" bucket IMO.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 02:01:52 PM »

Yes ... the medical software we get to have to use is absolutely bound to Office 2003 ... even a specific service pack. Brittle as hell and some of the shoddiest coding I've seen in a long time. Abysmal, but there you go.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript