The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 17, 2019, 06:36:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Never ever drink a soft drink unless it is in a sealed can.  (Read 2011 times)
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2009, 09:27:18 PM »

Living tips for 3rd world countries.

Not matter the restro/bar if you drink a soft drink make sure that that it comes in a sealed can.
Don't let the waiter open it for u, you open it urself.
Never ever accept softdrink/water that comes from a bottle even if it is sealed.
(Does not matter how expensive the hotel/restro/bar is. There is a possibility bar staff without management knowing is subsituting the real thing for fake).
Don't fucking use the ice. Full of nasty fucking germs.

Here is why.
http://biznizjizm.actiononline.biz/marketing/2006/04/02/where-is-your-pepsi-coming-from/

Ussually bars/hotels/restros thier are not too fussy if you bring in ur outside booze/drinks providing u pay table charge.
If you are entertaining a guest and talk to manager sometimes you can get them to drop table charge.

Hard liquor ussually if no problem providing u just order shots. (in this case u should not pay table charge).
Make sure ur shots are either good import spanish brandy or whiskey.
I notice locals ussually do not mix thier booze, the drink the shots straight then chase them.
Probably because hard liquor destroy all the germs.

If you are really paranoid bring ur own bottle also.
Pay the fuking table charge (which u should be able to reduce).
If you like ur stuff cold, get the waiter to bring buckets of ice or get in to stick ur stuff in the ref to cool it (just tip him well afterwards).

Then u will have a happy tummy Smiley
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 10:35:44 PM »

JTFC.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 11:06:52 PM »

Totally.  And although it's normally healthy, I'd avoid salads and all "fresh" produce too since the water user (or not used) to wash this stuff off can make you sick as hell: http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/249600.html

A few years ago I went to India for two weeks and didn't get sick.  If I ate from the food carts along the street I probably would have!  Wash your hands with Avian  ROFLMAO  But travel!  It's good for the soul.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 01:47:06 AM »

@isthisthingon
Yah I forgot to mention the salads part Smiley
Stuff like mangos and pineapples I have never gotten sick off. (things that have a skin)

Nasty fuking ameba here that once it gets into your gut they can never get rid of it. They can only try and control it.
It is in the mountianous parts and lives on salad greens and strawberries Smiley

In 6 years I have been here I got sick from bad water once. You do not want it to happen more then once Cheesy

Always carry a bottle of isopropanol or rubbing alchol with you. You notice the drug stores stock tons of it here.
Everytime you touch something wash ur hands with it.

But yah common sense. And you can have a great time Smiley
deregular
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 02:44:21 AM »

@ nop & isthisthingon

I got a nasty bout of stomach 'whatever the hell you call it' a few years back in Thailand,
Spent a good 2 weeks eating all the crap I could get my hands on off the food carts etc..
Nothing. Geez I even ate the bugs ewww.

Suffice to say, that as soon as I downed that stringy veg 'morning glory' , 'water spinach' or whatever its called....

Sick as a dog for a couple days.

In my case I believe that the veg was sitting around rotting for a little too long.

A lot of the time you CAN trust the carts, as the locals pretty much eat there, as long as its meat,
go for it. Avoid the veg like the fucking plaque though.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 08:39:04 AM »

A lot of the time you CAN trust the carts, as the locals pretty much eat there, as long as its meat, go for it.

Depends on the country @deregular.  I wouldn't do this in India and from the Lonely Planet to every other source the advice is the same here.  The locals don't get sick because they're used to it.  That's why Mexicans get sick off our water and visa-versa.  A little Montezuma never killed anyone though (well only a handful of times but so has the flu in weak bodies).  But better safe than sorry.  Being sick on a trip sucks and it's happened to me once or twice in Mexico  Vomit

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript