The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 01:57:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: neural net image browser brought to you by satan  (Read 1573 times)
jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2009, 01:38:15 AM »

http://image-swirl.googlelabs.com/html?q=eiffel%20tower#

this is pretty sweet.... reminds me of the neural-style display they had on youtube
for a few months....

* imageswirl.PNG (132.74 KB, 822x563 - viewed 157 times.)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 01:40:30 AM by jammaster82 » Logged

The watched pot, never boils... But if you walk away from it , the soup burns.  What gives?
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 02:22:25 AM »

Haha.. I still can't wrap my brain around it how Google can be so unimaginative in whatever they do. It seems they have all the brainpower in the world but zero creativity. For example, what the fuck is the point of showing 10 same photos in one circle and what's the point of this whole thing if you can't even match images? Yes, it's very awesome that you can give me 1000 photos of Eiffel tower with 500 duplicates. How about they would focus their energy at making Google Images more usable and not fucking around. But I guess that's just too much to ask.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 02:26:21 AM »

I think what it does is it crawls pages and shows the images on each page, saving you from having to manually surf through each page until you find one with the particular image you want.. its like spidering thruogh just the images as opposed to loading each page, scrolling down for it...

I just liked this display and the 'browser' of the neurons... id like to make this sort of browser for a human edited keywords and draw the branches  connecting the keywords bigger based on the most common paths through my soon to be released global domination natural language neural network.

lol. 

I think the duplicates are there in the search results, thanks to the seo clods.  Cheesy
I mean seriously does anyone besides just me remember when you go go to google
and put something in between quotes and get back pages with literally, the words in
quotes on them?

The watched pot, never boils... But if you walk away from it , the soup burns.  What gives?
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 02:51:51 AM »

I think what it does is it crawls pages and shows the images on each page, saving you from having to manually surf through each page until you find one with the particular image you want.. its like spidering thruogh just the images as opposed to loading each page, scrolling down for it...
Yeah and that was the reason why I said that are always unimagitive and boring. This is horribly slow and painful way of surfing fast thru lot's of pictures.

I just liked this display and the 'browser' of the neurons... id like to make this sort of browser for a human edited keywords and draw the branches  connecting the keywords bigger based on the most common paths through my soon to be released global domination natural language neural network.
Hehe, meaningtool.com kinda does this if I understood right what you wanted Smiley

I think the duplicates are there in the search results, thanks to the seo clods.  Cheesy
I mean seriously does anyone besides just me remember when you go go to google
and put something in between quotes and get back pages with literally, the words in
quotes on them?
If they really just display the images without any processing, that's just plain retard.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript