The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2019, 11:13:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Light facebook reader  (Read 2777 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2009, 01:02:44 PM »

Check this out:

http://lite.facebook.com/

it's the new beta light FB reader. I think I like it because I hate all the sh!t that comes with normal FB, at least normally. Most times just want to read the posts quickly and move on.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 01:12:55 PM »

It seems Facebook has hit the limit of their innovation capabilities... this thing is lame.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 01:14:58 PM »

it's way limited yes - but I just did some head to head and it's a lot faster than normal facebook which is enough to make me happy.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 02:01:31 PM »

the innovation would be to get rid of stupid shit. I like it.

Now if i can turn off the fucking Yoville notices and mafia wars crap, it would be great. Though i would have no news in my feed anymore....  ROFLMAO

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
serialnoob
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 02:07:12 PM »

a lot faster

Might not be the subject but a question puzzling me for a while:

What is "acceptable slow"?

I Mean, there are stats where one can guess what gear average user has (screen, os, etc), so what kind of conclusion really led FB to envision this?

On the same principle, I recenlty had to get a new screen and I went for my first "wide" screen only to realize that it was really the only kind I could buy! Now, you might say why where you still on "Narrow"? I was just used to it.

What first astonished me was that hardly any mainstream website provides enhancement for what is in fact a "double screen" (I was just reading the 27 imac post),or may be I don't get what usability is

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm - Winston Churchill
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 02:16:31 PM »

Try FB on Chrome Smiley  Blazing fast.  But I think the lite FB is really a twofold benefit: speed up the damn thing and reduce the amount of profile hijacking, Trojan horse crap that flows through the main site on a daily basis 

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 02:29:44 PM »

Now if i can turn off the fucking Yoville notices and mafia wars crap, it would be great. Though i would have no news in my feed anymore....  ROFLMAO

FFS no lie ... rather than "hiding" a person I'd like a content filter. What a load of crap.

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 02:31:38 PM »

Try FB on Chrome Smiley  Blazing fast.  But I think the lite FB is really a twofold benefit: speed up the damn thing and reduce the amount of profile hijacking, Trojan horse crap that flows through the main site on a daily basis 
PinkHat and I use it almost constantly now for biz and our clients ... "slow" is not rendering time (it renders blazing fast in Safari as well, in fact since S4 with the new "Nitro" engine it's been very cool) ... but how often does FB have trouble with components of its feed ... cripes sometimes it's just damnwell unusable. If this mod makes it so that it avoids a lot of different components and pages spit out more quickly I'd be RF happy.

nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 02:39:50 PM »

FB has MAJOR sync problems too. I comment on a post, but it ends up on someone elses post about once every 2 weeks.
I comment into an empty post, and see later that there are now 3-4 comments before mine.
etc
etc
etc

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript