The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2019, 07:50:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KROQ2 Pasadena California  (Read 7260 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2009, 07:23:05 PM »

Grew up in SoCal, loved KROQ and 91X. Now there's KROQ2 which is the ROQ of the 80s. It's a great blast from the past. Trouble was, I couldn't get the URL for it - I've been listening through wunderRadio on the iPhone - that URL doesn't work in iTunes.

However: if you go there with a normal browser, it returns a redirect list to the actual PLS file. So, to add KROQ2 as a stream to your iTunes, use this address:

http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/KROQHD2.pls (use Advanced/Open Audio Stream in iTunes - or if you're on a Mac, just open that URL in Safari and it'll bounce straight to iTunes and you're good to go)

It'll show up in your Music list as "KROQ2" - then you can move it into a playlist for quick retrieval later (it can't be placed into the iTunes regular radio list).

"I'm on a Mexican... Whoooa ohhhhh, ray-dee-oooooooh"

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 07:36:28 PM »

Nice!!  Thanks perk!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 07:43:40 PM »

Juvelcome dahlink. I'm enjoying it right now as we type Smiley

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 07:45:29 PM »

Me too - nostalgia on steroids  Wink

jairez
Expert

JTFC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 11:13:31 PM »

AWESOME!! 

"Party at Ground Zero" - Fishbone

Now if we can just find "The New Detective" somewhere I will be complete!

Thanks, Perk!! Great, great find!  Applause

Spontaneity has it's time and place.  [Sluggo, 1990-ish]
jairez
Expert

JTFC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 11:30:28 PM »

Ok ... Perk, are you standing behind me?  I'm listening to KROQ2 and after a Jed the Fish commercial, I now "have a hot wind, on my shoulder..."  Wall of Voodoo is now playing ...

Too weird!

Very cool, but weird! 

Spontaneity has it's time and place.  [Sluggo, 1990-ish]
jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 06:20:13 AM »

If only you 80's 'heads' had the time to get lost
in grand theft auto vice city..... just cruisin around
listening to the radio is enough to make me want
to put on my roach clip earring and sing along....

talk about flashbacks...

The watched pot, never boils... But if you walk away from it , the soup burns.  What gives?
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 08:26:30 AM »

@ JA - thought you'd dig that. Flashes of you in a particularly awesome costume for a halloween party @ Avila's in about '85ish keep popping up in my mind. Memories of a butthead writhing on the floor to Rock Lobster that just makes my morning a little happier 

Or Sluggo in the 'pit at the Paladium with Midnight Oil. Wow man. Are we really that old?

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 08:27:15 AM »

If only you 80's 'heads' had the time to get lost
in grand theft auto vice city..... just cruisin around
listening to the radio is enough to make me want
to put on my roach clip earring and sing along....
What "station" are they playing in GTA?

jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 11:21:13 AM »

the game is set in the 80s in miami and you have to reclaim your name and be the kingpin blah bloah but you run around and steal cars and any car or helicopter or plane you get in has a radio and there are several stations that all are in real time so yyou have to cruise around till the end of a song before saving , etc but there are several stations... this game may be my favorite game ever.. they are all fictitious stations with parodies of eighties radio dj talk and everything.... totally sweet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_FM#Music_stations

... we were runnin with the night ... (bah bhaa bhab )
 ... playing in the shadows....

The watched pot, never boils... But if you walk away from it , the soup burns.  What gives?
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 12:00:32 PM »

>grand theft auto vice city

LOL - I can play that game for days.  It always starts with some objective I pretend I actually want to accomplish and quickly devolves into a delicious car chase with cops all over my ass until I slam my car into the paint shop.  When you back out of the car paint garage, the streets are filled with cops who actually don't recognize you.  Rinse and repeat. 

There's some sweet hidden jumps for the speed bike in this one too.  And getting the cheat codes for things like the tank are a must!  With the tank it's much more difficult for them to stop your pedestrian filled blood bath.

But wait!!  You get all your favorite "80s songs I love to hate" to enhance the experience.

jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 08:31:01 PM »

>Rinse and repeat.

lol... is that what happened to beakers hair in your avatar? i thought he found my rx and swiped a few... lol AMPED... good thing i ran out of shampoo when i got stuck in the rinse repeat reboot loop id still be there

without the cheat codes i actually was able to go to diaz's  mansion hide behind the wall and you can jump out (theres a slow time thingy there..) get max stars, grab the slow time thing when the tank pullsup and you can matrix yourway into stealing the tank... then turn the turret around fire  backward for forward propulsion and out run the cops to park it in the auto sales garage (only one big enough) and save nte game. now you may do whatever you want likie drive onto the AFB and steal the apache helicopter... lol.

its every thiing i ever wanted in a video game except the  head mounted display.

the funnest thing since my low gravity unreal tournament one one one thunderdome death match against the norm hardees (wink) bot whom i would snipe over and over and over pretending him g0ing

uhhhhhhhhh..... while dying.

norm hardees... get it?  ;p

vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 12:01:24 PM »

Man, I used to be such an FPS wastoid.

In college, my CS/Quake III clan ruled the east coast LAN parties.

<3 all GTA games in the series too.

hai
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript