The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2019, 11:04:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HP Slate vs iPad  (Read 1241 times)
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2010, 05:53:22 PM »

http://dvice.com/archives/2010/02/hp-to-ipad-fans.php
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yz5YccwjE&feature=player_embedded

ya know. I forgot completely that the slate was announced and demoed almost 3 months before the iPad. lol
Mostly because I guess I did not have the recent events of business going on to spin my usage gears.

So perk, check it out. Im curious your thoughts.
The fact that its a full OS is a bit interesting, especially for our current project.

its about the same price, though HP is now trying to work with their partners to reduce the cost to under the iPad. (and i am sure they will).

it has some of the features I was bitching about lacking in the iPad.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 06:24:07 PM »

We'll have to see. Immediate reaction: Windows? Ugh. I realize there will be the religious out there that want that, and that's cool. But we'll have to see how much sex appeal any of the others have, not just this one.

I do not believe that this is solely about the form factor, or that people are clamoring for a "third device." I believe that Apple will redefine the space because of the total experience. Actually, all of the competitors look really similar to me: a new form factor, tracking after Apple yet with the same old stuff. This is a mistake IMO. But I could be completely off base ... we'll have to see when they all hit the street. If anything, a pad based on Android would at least push new ground.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 07:05:44 PM »

The only detail is that it's win7 tablet edition which has all the ms surface stuff built in apparently. Which makes me wonder if it has RFID reader under the screen?

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript