The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2019, 01:51:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hiring help pt 2  (Read 3712 times)
craw
Journeyman

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2008, 09:55:18 AM »

Got notes from the first post on the how.. now I would like everyones views on the "where" to find these programmers.. your suggestions are all greatly appreciated.

vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 10:25:01 AM »

If you want a specific application programmed, you can send me (my company) the specs. Our prices are competitive, comparable with those that you would find on scriptlance, rentacoder, etc.

The difference is that we are tech professionals and developers by trade and background, so we can communicate exactly what you need to our developers without you having to know much about how to program. I started my development company after hearing how many people get burned with half-functional crap when trying to outsource coding to places where it's cheap. You get what you pay for. We have a team of developers on retainer and with us you can be sure you'll get exactly what you want, delivered on time, the first time.

If you're interested, PM me and we'll get in touch via email, instant message, or voice (phone, skype, etc).

hai
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 01:23:24 PM »

if you are actually looking to hire someone you have the good old intardwebs.
monster.com if you want an absurd amount of resumes. general rule i applied when I had to hire folks was 1 week of inbounds, then shut it off. be very specific with what you are looking for.

really though, to hire someone online is a painful process, but pretty much the only way to go anymore.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
craw
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 03:50:05 PM »

thank you dudes
jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 02:57:36 PM »

Go to Guru.Com and register yourself as an employer.  State clearly what you want your
project to be.  You mail guru a check, they mail the programmer a check... and its
all documented on the site like ebay so you can see how well a coder has done there
and verse-viceah.

If you post the project you want done here, we can help you
word it the right way, just remember no matter what time you think it will take it
will definitely take longer, in my experience.. but then again there is the whole
'me' common denominator.   ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

The watched pot, never boils... But if you walk away from it , the soup burns.  What gives?
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 06:59:11 PM »

Quit trying to steal my thunder, alla y'all.

Craw and I talked on the phone yesterday, and we should be able to do what he needs, should he choose to go with us.

hai
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 08:40:37 PM »

nah, no thunder stealing here. i couldnt remember if he wanted an in house peon or a remote peon.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
hondaman
Rookie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 01:57:14 AM »

nah, no thunder stealing here. i couldnt remember if he wanted an in house peon or a remote peon.

then....... Stop stealing his static electricity?   ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

No links in signatures please
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript