The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2019, 06:06:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hadoop - Cloudera - Cloudcetera  (Read 1102 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2009, 07:44:02 PM »

Hadoop =

Here's a great slide show on the Hadoop architecture: http://www.slideshare.net/PhilippeJulio/hadoop-architecture

Although Hadoop is a specific technology, it's also a formalized way of doing many things with data that others in cloud computing are doing in different ways.  Salesforce uses Oracle underneath everything but wrote their own Hadoop-like architecture for handling the same things.  Although the following brief FAQ is about the underlying architecture of the Force.com platform, it's a revealing set of one line answers to how they cloudified themselves into a true Platform as a Service: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Multitenancy_Webinar_FAQ

Here's a sample:

Q: How do you manage your metameta data is it just the db schema of the metadata tables; can different tenants have different metamodels; how does the App discover the metamodel
A: we maintain our own data tables that describe the metadata and every tenant can have a different metadata model.

Within their own cloud, they've implemented a Federated Service Oriented Architecture, also referred to as a High Level Architecture.  Interestingly, the first HLA was developed as a platform for generating simulations for the military (just learned this today).  Layers upon layers of describing data.  When I started visualizing how a simulation could be generated by describing a conditional change, such as "now make the wind 50MPH, switch from a 747 to a prop plane, or a helicopter, etc." I started seeing the connection between it and cloud computing. 

It was architecture day at work so my mind is a little out there in the clouds Smiley

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 08:15:27 PM »

Reservoir - Resources and Services Virtualization Without Barriers

High Level Architectural Specification: http://www.nexof-ra.eu/sites/default/files/080531-D1.1.1-c.pdf.  Yep it's a 96-page monster, and I haven't finished it yet.  But I believe I found the Rosetta Stone of cloud computing.  It describes what the clouds are and conceptually how to build them. 

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript