The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 06:02:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Government 2.0  (Read 1320 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2010, 08:00:33 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/can-technology-forge-a-ne_b_603703.html

I'm assuming if anyone comments on this it will probably be something like: yeah right, another fake spin on what's essentially a broken system... in denial, and poised to collapse.  Well just like cloud computing I'm putting my money on this, at least as a vastly improved approach to government as it relates to and supports society.  Nothing revolutionary on face value but the approach may manifest change far greater and faster than previously experienced.

If there's one thing we learn from the technology industry, it's that every big winner has been a platform company: someone whose success has enabled others, who've built on their work and multiplied its impact. Microsoft put "a PC on every desk and in every home," the Internet connected those PCs, Google enabled a generation of ad-supported startups, Apple turned the phone market upside down by letting developers loose to invent applications no phone company would ever have thought of. In each case, the platform provider raised the bar, and created opportunities for others to exploit.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 08:34:37 PM »

Pretty much sums up why the system is "broken".
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/calm_visit_more_obama_lashes_out_x6nOfgc4XeFbaxPqOYiGGJ

Dogged for being too calm in crisis, President Barack Obama unleashed frustration for all to see Friday, warning BP it had better do right by the people whose lives it has wrecked.

Yah just what the unwashed masses want, a leader who stupidly runs around in circles, venting his frustration and acting like a 2 year old.
The unwashed masses want "If in danger, if in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout."

Pretty much why when origional democracies where set up there was a requirement for voting.
But things like "poll taxes" where considered "unconstitutional" etc.
To cater to the unwashed masses, Palin is pretty good. Nothing else besides retarded catch phrases with language/concepts the masses can understand.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 08:43:51 PM »

If you act like Christ, they'll crucify you.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 08:55:36 PM »

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript