The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2019, 11:24:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Glass: it's time to talk.  (Read 1448 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2012, 12:45:04 PM »

Ok, so now that the hubbub about Google Glass is just starting to recede (man, what a frenzy early this week) I've done a lot of thinking and would love other opinions.

Of course the terminator style steady info flow could be both helpful and distracting, I was thinking more abut how I might use them while actually sitting at my development machine. I use many monitors to keep lots of info up all the time - and specifically off my main monitor where it would really bug me. But being able to somehow hint that I need to look up the parameters for a particular function that showed up on the glasses, overplayed against what I'm actually looking at, suddenly became quite interesting. Multitasking things would actually be easier than with many monitors and virtual desktops.

The challenge would be the interface. As well as the intelligence behind what I could interrupted with at any given moment. The latest note this morning, that Google claims it will be years before it could be productized does not surprise me - because the best, best way for this to work would be inconjunction with a device that read my mind and displayed what I was thinking for, rather than asking for.

Anyone else intrigued by them this week?

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 01:33:58 PM »

People are mostly reacting to the look of them. A bit of ad spam concerns as well. But they are all missing the big picture.

Alzheimer's and dementia.

If it was less stupid looking, I think most people would be a little more interested. I think it would be awesome, to be able to gain information about stuff you look at. Like, review of a book on a shelf, or he'll, even finding the damn book on the shelf. Add geofencing, or visual location informatio, like it sees the refrigator, and it reminds you of your current weight... The are incredible possibilities.
But of cour, opportunity for serious annoyance.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript