The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 14, 2019, 06:00:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Ad words or WH campaign or both?  (Read 1504 times)
ispyguy757
Rookie

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2009, 10:59:21 AM »

Wanted to throw out this for a topic, considering a WH campaign (as soon as i learn what that is lol) and ive been looking into google ad words...  If im a good WH i can get in top five or so of google how will this compare to the clicks i can get with a google ad words campaign?  Has anyone had any experience with either of these they could expound upon as im doing my crash course this week.  Cheesy

No links in signatures please
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 11:30:32 AM »

If your conversion rate is good, just do it all. Get traffic every way that you can.

There is an entire discipline of marketing just devoted to PPC advertising (AdWords/AFS [AdSense]/etc)

There's really no difference between "white hat" and "black hat" seo. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking there is. There's just the level of risk that you and your clients are willing to tolerate, and at the end of the day that is all that matters. Don't live by someone else's business rules (Google's) if they don't make sense for your business.

hai
DangerMouse
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 12:10:47 PM »

Couldn't agree with VS's sentiments more - its really rather simple, if you are risk adverse avoid BH methods but ultimately both WH and BH manipulate the same algo, they might target slightly different factors but the essence and principle is always the same.

In terms of integrating an SEO campaign and PPC strategy - they're not mutually exclusive and both provide good value for money as long as you calcualte based on conversions and ROI rather than simple traffic figures. Before engaging in a PPC campaign I suggest you do reasonable amount of research in to the field - Google makes a lot of money from people who don't know what they're doing with PPC.

There are several ways to integrate - use PPC to target phrases you can't achieve rankings for... use PPC to squeeze out competition for a term that you do rank for (and accept associated cost for the benefit). The best integrations make good use of multiple attributation analysis and a strong understanding of your customers buying cycle.

DM
ispyguy757
Rookie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 03:00:03 PM »

Excellent, thanks cache.. theres plenty of keywords in those
replies to get me chewing..... (my eyes already hurt from
reading about this lol) will dive in and appreciate any other
comments.. ill report my plan once i generate it.... (that is
figure out what im really doing lol)

No links in signatures please
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript