The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 14, 2019, 06:42:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting Involved  (Read 1407 times)
Woody
n00b

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2009, 07:50:02 AM »

I came to this forum because of the links I found on google for phpMyIDE.  I personally want to see the phpMyIDE project succeed.  But on the site page and on this forum there wasn't any links about how to get involved and help out.

At any rate, I am registering my desire to contribute if such effort would be welcome then please let me know.  The admins have my e-mail.

Best wishes.

No links in signatures please
ekibastos
Rookie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 08:04:01 AM »

I would like to offer my time as well if there are specific debugs or analysis work you need done I can tackle a specific portion .... or attempt to anyhow. 

<quote nutballs>
Apple is that hot chick that gives you lots of sex but is a total bitch with a horrible abusive temper.
</quote>
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 08:55:59 AM »

Hey Woody - welcome to the Cache, and thanks for your thoughts on phpMyIDE.

(You to Eki, glad you're using it)

Here is my ToDo for version 0.6, which I am currently working on:

Changes present in 0.6
============================================================================
* File Groups
* File groups load from multiple connections
* Editor allows editing from multiple connex at once
* Editor shows connection where file lives
* Close all
* Drag-sizeable file list area, editor
* Tighter command prompt
* Connection drop down, top right of GUI
* phpMyAdmin Tab shows current connection
* Command Prompt tab shows current connection

Due for 0.6
* File Group Report - Report like a master report on just the files in a file group
* Conditional include of json_encode - if no function available, require PHP script for encoding
* Alt-Enter allows for entry of multiple line commands in prompt
* buildsql.php needs to be more verbose and robust.
* Extend testinstall.php for more verbose operation and tests.
* Login / Logout option in config
* Script Explorer: "show like / hide like" radios with regex input that shows/hides scripts matching pattern

Current Bugs in 0.6
* Save file to connection OTHER than current
* Open file group, file no longer exists: what should happen?
* NN "Not Implemented in this version" in the preferences and Stored Queries pages
* Re-sort functions in editor which are horribly out of order
* Resizable file list in editor does not bootstrap correctly   

On my hit list is a new type of command prompt handler - a php daemon running and keeping connections alive and vital for users. This would allow REAL command prompt interaction, rather than the work-around that I've built. That will probably be the big change for 0.7, as well as stored queries.

Probably the largest area that I've spent no time is in tutorials or usage. I've had a lot of email from people saying, "This is really cool. Now: How & why do I build stored procedures and functions?" I'd like to add a help and tutorial system to the IDE. I've ground around the notion of am iframed website that shows up in a tab, much like phpMyAdmin does. Any thoughts here are very appreciated.

Thanks again, both, for your thoughts. I use it every day (literally) and love it. I hope you are both finding it to be a productivity tool as well.

/perk

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript