The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 01:27:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: F!@k Facebook  (Read 2212 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2010, 11:59:29 PM »

In the electronic back-and-forth, Zuckerberg allegedly told his friend "if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard [...] just ask" and called users who had shared information with him "dumb f--ks."

The conversation must be taken with a grain of salt: Zuckerberg was young, and likely joking. However, as Venture Beat suggests, "the message makes it clear that Zuckerberg was aware of the potential invasions of privacy to which users of The Facebook were often unwittingly exposing themselves."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/13/mark-zuckerberg-ims-sugge_n_575257.html

Although I don't actively use Facebook anymore, I'm considering deleting my account on principle.  For all I may have ever said about the cloud pioneering at FB, this brand of Harvard privileged pussy elitist arrogance trumps all.  F!@k Facebook.

Mobster

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 01:04:51 AM »

well i wont quit facebook until farmville goes solo... but thats
not too far off... speaking of which, i found a wandering llama
can you guys help find it a home?

D'oh! ROFLMAO  ok... i said i wasnt gonna drink and post anymore
but heres to broken promises

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 02:03:59 AM »

Yeah, I despise Mark Zuckerberg. He represents everything I hate in humans. Backstabbing, money greedy liar who doesn't care what happens to other people as long as he gets his money.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 08:19:59 AM »

:PI enjoy Facebook because of the connections to others, but very little of my personal information is either on there or accurate (I have checked Male, but my birthday is incorrect).

I think anyone sharing personal details at a social networking site is just asking for trouble, no matter what site it is. Even other services still creep me out, like gmail (sorry nuts).

Although i don't think Zuck is much different than anyone else in thatarena, at least Larry and Sergey had the foresight to lie about their intentions "don't be evil" as opposed to Mark who seems to be an unapologetic dick.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 10:00:45 PM by perkiset » Logged

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 11:03:55 AM »

There's another element in this for me.  Data management/services/utility computing/etc. are not going away but rather increasing in ubiquitousness.  Just as mailmen/mailwomen get caught having months worth of undelivered mail in their garages, harboring the most sensitive of personal data imaginable, I'll still wind up sending mail since it's just the way things are done. 

The solution is not carrier pigeon.  It's proper oversight and common sense laws that help to ensure the least amount of these forms of abuse 

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 10:34:38 PM »

Lol @common sense laws. The legislature is ALWAYS playing D with this sort of thing. After enough abuse has been perpetrated the they enact law that both toothless and late. By that time, the real iScoundrels have moved on or found another way to do the exact same thing. 

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 12:42:15 PM »

Wow ITTO you could be Zuck's twin.

Sorry for making that observation.

hai
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 03:02:23 PM »

Angry 

isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 06:13:28 PM »

Study: 60 Percent of Facebook Users Mulling to Quit

Oh yeah: http://www.pcworld.com/article/196861/study_60_percent_of_facebook_users_mulling_to_quit.html?tk=nl_dnx_h_crawl

isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 02:05:11 PM »

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg: 'We Just Missed The Mark'

... and then today ...

In response to recent widespread criticism over changes made to its privacy policy in April, Facebook announced today that it has modified its user controls to make it easier to configure privacy settings and to retroactively control access to content that has already been posted. The company also said that it has "drastically reduced the amount of information that is available to everyone."

They're quickly slipping down the "who cares" drain of irrelevance, imo.

nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 02:07:03 PM »

quick, launch a new FB competitor!

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript