The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2019, 10:23:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EXT Designer released...  (Read 1639 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2010, 10:34:59 AM »

This just in: http://www.extjs.com/blog/2010/04/22/ext-designer-released-watch-the-screencast/

Looks really cool.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
DangerMouse
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 01:59:48 PM »

I've been following this for sometime - if it's as good as it looks I would gladly switch from Dojo/jQuery to EXT. IIRC the licence isn't quite as good though Sad

DM
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »

That does look pretty fine ... I think I'll DL it just for the knowledge. Concerned about interfacing with other systems ... when they say "link to datastore" does that mean THEIR datastore or something I've defined or ...?

Great find though, certainly worth a look. @DM - that's a very different tool than jQuery, but if you're into DoJo this might be a valid replacement.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
DangerMouse
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 12:15:08 PM »

The components are more the equivilant of jQuery UI I believe. I'm not sure how good the core is but the EXTjs UI elements are some of the best out there - and with a visual designer I think it's quite compelling.

In terms of hooking in to a datastore, if its anything like Dojo there will be set objects for setting up and working with REST / RPC etc. data stores, either with JSON or otherwise. This way your tree and grid share a unified API for grabbing and updating data. I really like the Dojo version, but I've always liked visual building when it comes to UI design (in the same way MS popularised VB) so will be giving this a whirl.

DM
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 03:19:47 PM »

SWEET!  lol@ this just in

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 12:22:08 AM »

Even I don't personally like ExtJS that much, I think it's great sign that industry is starting to create more easy-to-use JS UI tools.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript