The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 12:11:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Document Freedom Day  (Read 965 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2010, 07:40:09 PM »

http://www.fsf.org/news/why-im-rejecting-your-email-attachment

I know most of you think I'm a quack about these things.  That's ok because I'm actually a sleeper cell terrorist with Satanic leanings that harms puppies and eats meat.  Well, I've flirted with fruitarianism but the rest is pretty accurate. 

Anyway, damn I just love these guys.  Talk about a contribution to society.  This totally dwarfs some selfish success story ending in drunken vacations and a warped sense of entitlement / life mastery.  Less generically, doesn't it feel cheesy to promote exclusive, proprietary, vendor lock-in technologies when these wonderful people continue to work nonstop to ensure that everyone is included to the party?  That's why ITTO rejects parties where only the elite gain entrance and those outside the barbwire fences are labeled as lazy leachy losers who don't deserve access Roll Eyes

Sure I'm just as hardwired into the Matrix as the next.  I'm gaga happy with Windows 7 (minus the endless DRM disaster involving contacting each and every friggin game company to politely beg for another fucking activation key since DRM decided my computer doesn't belong to the "real" ITTO any longer.  Geeze I wonder how many people simply give up and just buy another copy Huh?).  I'm not worried though.  I'm sure big business would never intentionally cause people to buy additional copies of anything that they purchased already.  Do I even need an Roll Eyes

But Windows 7 rocks and who could possibly deny the beautiful brilliance of the Mac experience?  Let's keep everyone, all the players, but also permit basic access to this game we're all so privileged to participate in ummmmmkay?  Negative comments reveal your inner elitist Grin

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 08:22:26 PM »

Two comments at this link that really are worth repeating: (http://www.simprograms.com/ea-to-pc-gamers-install-3-times-buy-another-copy/)

The villain says:
(boooooo hissssssss  Angry)
theY4Kman - There’s a saying about piracy; it goes something like, “The best way to stop piracy is to provide a better product than the pirated version”. It’s a very true statement. I mean, look at Steam. You get automatic updates and good games without ever leaving your chair. Sure, there’s SteamDown, but it’s much easier and better to just buy the game.  But apparently EA doesn’t go on the internet. At all.

The hero says:
(yay!!!!  )
Roachcock - God I have never heard so much fucking whining in my life… I have been gaming for years and years and not once have I been burned by copy protection. All this jackass had to do was call EA and they would have allowed the game to re-activate. 

(NOTE: Speaking from my own personal "jackass" experience, it does impact one's available freetimeTM when this "jackass" step is required to reactivate 20+ DRM protected games.  Hell, keeping up with this rat-race virtually precludes one from watching the latest Drag Race featuring RuPaul!!!)

You fucking whiny little bitches need to quit pirating and learn how to take car (sp?) of a computer and read instructions. If he had, he’d have known what was in store for him after dicking around with his computer. It’s only been all over the whole fucking internet for months.  Go back to playing with your consoles, you little crybaby pussies.

Score one for the good guys!  God bless RoachcockTM with his infinite wisdom and endless compassion. 

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript