The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 11:14:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Converting from Apache to Zeus - advice?  (Read 3076 times)
leadegr00t
n00b

View Profile WWW
« on: January 14, 2008, 03:54:44 AM »

OK, so a client of mine was unhappy with their hosting (the host used to be good, but got sucky over time)
They wanted to go with the ISP who does their VPN.
I said *shrug* fine, heres the spec.
Nothing fancy, Apache, PHP, MySQL and a couple of gig of bandwidth per month and a couple of gig of space.
Next I hear its all arranged, so I changed the DNS over on Saturday, late Sunday it had propagated and I got to see what we got.
SFA.
Those **#$%$ have us on a Zeus server and it turns out they don't actually offer Apache.  Don't make me...
I know better than to spit into the wind, so I am going to have to go with this.
Can anyone point me to some good tutes on converting from Apache to Zeus? I've found a couple of references, but they are missing little points like where does this Zeus script go? In the .htaccess file? (Seems unlikely)
Any advise welcome! Smiley

No links in signatures please
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 08:32:14 AM »

Cripes man that's a drag and I have no idea who on the board can - my first post was going to be "What's a "Zeus?" LOL... My feeling though, since it is a paid-for product is that you'd have some ability to talk to their tech support (both the new ISP and Zeus itself) - looks like it isn't too bad... web-based config, all *nix... probably pretty easy - but if you're big into mod_rewrite then that's where the troubles might start.

Good luck, please post your about experience!

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
ratthing
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 05:01:47 PM »

Wow.  An ISP/Hosting facility that doesn't use Apache? *boggle*

=RT=
malloc
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 06:16:22 PM »

I've never used Zeus, but suposedly it blows Apache 2 out of the water on performance.

http://www.serverpoint.com/english/images/zeus-performance.gif

No links in signatures please
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript