The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2019, 11:57:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Class design tip  (Read 1221 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2009, 09:11:10 AM »

Sometimes I'm blown away by simple.  One of the nicest acronyms I've heard in a long time is: CRC.  I know I know you're thinking itto, cyclic redundancy check has been around forever.  Go have some coffee, ya dumb ass!

CRC in class design
------------------

C: Class
R: Responsibilities
C: Collaboration

It's a nice shorthand way to communicate your intentions for sprint planning in a scrum environment.  But it's more than just a description for others.  Class is simply the title, name etc. of the class.  Responsibilities can go to the functional/interface level but don't have to.  Collaboration touches on whether a Responsibility is a Is A, Has A, or strictly a Uses.

Call me crazy but with a team of RoR engineers in a tight ship of agile/scrum development it works like a charm 

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 08:58:03 PM »

I don't have the time ATM but I think this is a strong way to look at things and will comment more after I've digested it (and the volume of JD I'm working on) later.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 10:51:04 PM »

I don't have the time ATM but I think this is a strong way to look at things and will comment more after I've digested it (and the volume of JD I'm working on) later.

Why ty perks Smiley

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript